Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help needed in choosing the right software

Exclamation help needed in choosing the right software

i want artcam bot i dont know which one to get (express, insignia, etc...)
    Last edited by eugene; 07-16-2012 at 09:20 PM. Reason: mistake

You want Pro...but it is $7500. I think it is worth every penny because you will make it back if you fully exploit everything the software can do. If you are serious about spending a few years learning, it is worth it. (and that is true of any software like this)

Otherwise...The Vectric stuff is hard to beat for the money - any of their products rival ANYTHING on the market for the price. It used to cost $3500 to get Insignia, where VCarve Pro would do nearly everything Insignia could do (and then some) for $750 or so.

It boils down to what you really need and what direction you want to grow your business. Send me a PM if you need more clarity.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Beckwith Decor Products, Derby/Wichita KS

Firstly it depends on what your need.
    If you just need entry level with the min then Express, $149 It will do the basic vector creation toolpathing etc. you cannot create 3d files but you can import resize 3d relief files

It you want to create 3d files then Insignia at $2500 has such features as 2 rail sweep and shape editor, advanced vector creation, editing, nesting etc

For the full professional where you need the whole ball then Pro at $7500 does it all.
    each version from Express up can be upgraded to higher versions at a reduced cost.
    visiting each of the 3 websites for Express, Insignia and Pro will give you all the facts or you can call myself or any of the other certified resellers for the correct information.
    Gary
    Beckwith Decor Products
    Caveco Distributor, USA
    Custom CNC Tooling/Onsrud Distributor

i need 2d carving.

can i get used???

Beckwith Decor Products, Derby/Wichita KS

If its just 2d carving and profiling then Express would work for you, with Express you can also purchase add on modules for additional features, which there is 10. You can then upgrade to Insignia at any time later.

For used, you would have to find some one that is selling their seat, depending on what it is you may have upgrade or transfer fees
    Gary
    Beckwith Decor Products
    Caveco Distributor, USA
    Custom CNC Tooling/Onsrud Distributor

If you only need 2D Vectric has Cut 2D and VCarve Pro. Both can be downloaded free for trial.

Quote Originally Posted by phil_o View Post
    If you only need 2D Vectric has Cut 2D and VCarve Pro. Both can be downloaded free for trial.
    X2 - If you only need 2D, and you only run code on a ShopBot, just buy PartWorks from ShopBot directly. If you are already running PartWorks, you'd just pay to upgrade....which is cheaper. PartWorks is identical in every way to VCarvePro, except it only outputs code for a ShopBot & no other CNC.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

here is what i need to make
    Last edited by eugene; 07-17-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: mistake

and i need to find templates like those flowers on the side, a friend of mine has a whole book of different templates in it (he lives eight hours away) i want to know where to get them.