Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ideas for sale?

I have a truck load of 1/4 mdf, 4x8 sheets. I wonder?????

heat and water may make them useless, also not sure if they would put off toxic fumes when the get hot... i use solid wood and i dip them in mineral oil (mineral oil is food safe)
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS IS A LABORER.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS AND HEAD IS A CRAFTSMAN.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS, HIS HEAD AND HIS HEART IS AN ARTIST.
    ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Wow, I don't see why Chris is taking a beating here. The quote below is taken from his initial post. He suggests that we have a venue on this forum to sell our files. He states that he would buy them.
    I would like to welcome you to the forum, Chris. I hope you don't give up on the group.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by ccmarsh View Post

I quickly noticed however that when it comes to sharing files...the conversations ended abruptly. I quess my question is why isn't there a Forum on Shopbot where people can sell the files of the things that they have created? I know there is one for Shopbot's that are for sale or accessories for the machine but no place for files. I also know that you can go to Vectric and other places to buy cut files. I've seen the work that many of you have done and have been amazed and I bet many of you could make some very good money selling your files. I'd buy some.

I appologize if this is the wrong place to post this question.

Removed some posts that were not furthering the original question on why aren't there more cutting/design files available for sale.

Here is a filesharing thread over on cnczone that it over 500 pages in size and it is mostly 2d stuff and many guys help others in converting things or vectorizing files. You might want to check it out:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera..._part_art.html

Jack

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you!

"I'm glad this site isn't like some other CNC sites where blatant copyright infringement is going on..."

In this quote from page one of this thread I was referring to this site specifically... it's full of corporate logos, team logos, vector files from the Vector Art ™ series and art work I've seen in national advertising campaigns... It's possible that some "changes" were made to the files but, the rule of thumb I was given is... "does the original artist recognize it as their work"? in many cases not only would the original artist recognize it, but I recognize it as copyrighted work!

I would rather pay a reasonable fee for something I know is legitimate than to take something from someone hiding behind a "nom de plume". In fairness to cnczone and others... It's impossible to police! The only way you can even attempt to control blatant infringement is to limit file size...

That said... here are my favorite sites.

http://www.briarpress.org/ Briar Press is a community of 66,590 printers and artists dedicated to the preservation of letterpress. They have 788 vectors of printers ornaments... most free.

http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/ quality educational clipart. Every item comes with a choice of image size and format as well as complete source information. No advertisement-filled pages with pop-up windows or inappropriate links here. You'll need to convert these to vectors, but the effort will be worth the reward.

Enjoy!

SG

Guys.. I don't think anyone meant to be hurt full or mean... but i think we have covered this subject enough. deep inside we all know what is right and wrong... let us all drop this before feelings get hurt.. we are all friends on here... lets keep it that way all of us friends and bot owners. lol

(Excellent post to end this thread - Nancy, Admin)
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS IS A LABORER.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS AND HEAD IS A CRAFTSMAN.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS, HIS HEAD AND HIS HEART IS AN ARTIST.
    ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI