Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dish washer trouble

Default Dish washer trouble

I had a job I finished 8 months ago ,I get an e-mail and pictures saying we drilled a hole in the tub .It looks convining I show up next day there exopy over the hole he says" the power is off and water shut off " it looks bad exactly where there is notch for the slide.They say it was leaking there is a little water stain but no tile all the way back of dishwasher so no puddle.

I TELL THEM TO CALL FOR THERE WARANTY THAT THE TUB IS LEAKING .They say its damage not defect will not call that they Sears charge a 150 dollars for service call if there no problem .I've never heard of theses I've seen crack stove droped stove you name it dented fridges

They said they don't want to use the diswasher
    What the problem is this why would they the customer fix the hole .When we show up less then 24 hrs
    They give no bill or serial number
    No demostration of leak

In 20 years of instal this has never happened .This could open up a can of worms .Its an 800 dollar diswasher they don't mention about the old one do we get.They are general contrators the client .i think the diwasher came from another job being pased off as brand new

It is common knowlege that things ship here are damge a lot
    Attached Images Attached Images

First thing i would do is look at the placement of the washer within the cabinet, measure the height and placement of the holes in the washer then go look in your island to see if there is any screws sticking out in that location, or even any holes where maybe a screw was at all.

TAKE PICTURES!!! If there are no holes,or screws sticking out where you could have done this during installation THEN YOU DIDN'T DO THIS!

It is very possible and more likely probable that someone else did this damage and returned the unit to the store and someone repaired it and they resold it to you.
    Bottom line is if there is no screws or holes in your work close to the holes in the washer then you did not do the damage.
    Also ask them direct...did you fix the hole? If they didn't fix it then someone who returned it to the store did the repair.

Also who picked out and delivered the dishwasher? Let them know that you are willing to help them resolve the problem but that was not your damage and you aren't going to replace it at your expense. More then likely it was damaged and returned to the store and resold to you/them.

Kevin:

This job looks really nice. Here is my question:
    Since the casework has to be complete in order to install a dishwasher how is it even possible that you did the damage??

Is he actually saying this thing has been leaking for 8 months?

I can't believe this guy is trying to lay it on you. It is clear he is full of it.

Jack the holes line up with notch in the slide but the big but there filled with grey expoy not clear .It looks bad

Dave we had to make anotch for the slide it was an add on

yes 8 months but no tile all the way back

also they repaired it before we came its weird ?

I have to be carefull how I handle this I don't want to end up in court over 800 dishwasher

Kevin:
    Am I understanding that you made an opening in the back wall for the slide that is on the drawer on the dining room side? Like it is a short drawer and you used a longer slide?
    If so: How deep is the cabinet on the drawer side and how long is the slide?

1/8 of an inch thats it
    thanks Dave

I can't believe that someone who does such professional beautiful work would do something so careless....clearly you did not do this.

Ask them "who made those repairs?" If THEY did not do them then it was like that when installed. PERIOD!

The more you do to appease these people, the less they will appreciate it. It is one thing to help them resolve a problem, not of your making, but it's another to shift the responsibility for problems to you.

Especially 8 months later! Offer to help if your conscience tells you to but DO NOT accept responsibility! If you do, we all are going to come and kick you in the butt

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

If you look at the second picture you can tell it was done with a paddle bit . Were you using a paddle bit during the install ? There is no reason to use a paddle bit in that area . electric and supply lines are lower than that and the drain should be higher. I dont think that you are at fault, i think he is trying to pull a fast one hoping that you just say ok and pay for his mistake

Thanks Jack

Gene I never thought of that your right the plumber the drain pipe

I'am so wrap up in to doing whats right

Gene made my next point for me!
    If you didn't drill all the way through the back wall for your slide clearance then you couldn't have hit the dishwasher as the tub does not come right up against the cabinet side or back wall. The two small holes in pic one and the third in pic two look like:
    One for the power
    Two for the water supply
    and Three to go (I mean the drain!!)