Thread: Known Issues With the SB Link?

garyc Guest

Default Known Issues With the SB Link?

ShopBot Link Users...
    I am looking to put together a verified list of the know bugs or issues that "we" ShopBot Link users have experienced.

These are not to be confused with issues that were fixed with settings in eCabs or SB3. I may need more info, i.e. your TWD and an export, to try and repeat them here at SB, before I turn them in.

How about feature requests?

Post here, or email me: gary.campbell(at)shopbottools(dot)com

One feature request - get the off-fall cutting to work properly. I had an issue where SBLink went to do the off-fall cut and it forced the CNC to cut right through the middle of a $100 sheet of walnut plywood right through a bunch of parts.

I was REALLY pissed.

I sent all the info to TWD and they verified issue as a bug.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

When trying to nest parts in scrap material, it seems as if the link my be ignoring the dimensions of the material and instead nesting along either the X, or Y as selected, as if either of those dimensions were about 4'. I can post a screen shot.
    Michael Schwartz - Waitsfield VT
    Shopbot prs standard 48x96. Aspire. SB Link.

garyc Guest

Mike...
    Could you post more information? I am not sure that I understand what you are trying to say.

I need to see if I can find the specific TWD that I had been working with. I will send some more information if I can duplicate this.

Is there a new SB link being coded? Do you have a release date yet? I am looking to buy it as soon as I get my bot built and level and square and cutting round circles instead of elipises, and straight lines, etc, etc....

garyc Guest

David..
    I am not the source for this info, Thermwood does all of this. I am looking to keep track of any issues I might have missed, as I will manage the info from the ShopBot end of things.

In any event, it is unlikely that there will be any changes in features or costs that would make waiting advantageous. Upgrades in the past have been provided at no cost. My advice would be to start early in order to start the learning process.

I was not able to duplicate the issue I mentioned earlier. I am still going to see if I can track down the specific TWD file just in case.

My guess is that this may not have been a bug and might have had something to do with the grain direction settings I was using. I was probably unaware of this at the time.

garyc Guest

Mike..
    Thanks for the update. In many cases it is a specific setting or sequence of settings that will trigger a bug, so saving the TWD with a "perceived error" is a good way to see if it was settings or the software.