Thread: Saw blade for cnc?

Default Saw blade for cnc?

Juse curios if anyone has put a saw blade on cnc for cutting

They ask the question on a test I never heard of it .The said"when setting up a cnc with a saw blade how do you find the offest " I THINK ITS A BOUGUES QUESTION ANY THOUGHTS ?

Just off the top of my head, it could be a computerized panel saw, the offset would be the width of the blade?

'Saw blade' in what orientation? Is it mounted on the spindle like a biscuit joiner blade for edge slotting, or is it mounted vertically like a table saw?

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

I have seen circular saws used on a Legacy ornamental mill which is like a manual cnc machine. It was used where the blade was mounted perpendicular(?) to the stock to hog out material moving the blade at an angle to the surface.

They didn't say not only that all tooling offest is done in design software not cnc
    It was very vauge

They might have ment panel saw ,There where a lot of question like that there was no right answer

I was just curios before I shoot off my mouth

A few years ago at the Southern California Camp a Shopbotter described how he somehow rigged a Makita grinder with a saw blade to his Z axis and he used it as a panel saw to complete a project...Most of us cringed at the thought of just how many bad scenarios this could lead to and I don't know whether he ever tried it again...I don't think I would....
    Here's a picture of his rig....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality"...The Dalai Lama

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

That looks a bit terrifying!

I did a test on a 120 questions there is about 40 question like that with no right answer I'am the second person to take the test .

There was another question on install that said to find electrical wire and plumbing before you install you go to the job site before the drywall is up and mark the electrical.What do you do when you have a renovaction

The correct answer is that all electrical has put back one and a half inches which has nothing to do with a cabinet maker

The problem with these test is there written 20 years ago and there out of touch .They said in the book that computers might take over design

To make in this bussiness it making built in cabinets its a skill that can't be replace or be replace off shore .But to make in furniture very few make it 1 in 10,000.So you learn more skills on furnitur making. The skills you need to make it are not taugh or very little like instaltion ,computer design .Then you get an apperntice that is so green that you have to hold his hand on a job site.There no not use to the shear number of parts to have speed
    No one wants to take a course and work in a furniture factory

They had these people for over a year .This not an attck on the eduction system but that something has to be done for the educators to wake up and teach somethings that they will make a living at not a hobby

The gentleman I bought my old bot off of has a vertical mounted saw on his tool changer for his big iron cabinet cnc. Granted this rig cost well over $250k. His spindle has a 4th axis as a rotary head. When the machine changes tools, the outer housing locks into a ring on the spindle. From there an extra servo rotates that ring and in turn rotates the cutting head to the desired angle. I couldn't tell you where to look for reference as i've forgotten the brand name of the machine. I did find this through a google search.

http://www.techniksusa.com/aggregate/OilVario.htm

Regards
    Randy
    I don't always indulge in evil scientific research...but when i do. I make the parts on a ShopBot.