Thread: Cutting My Plenum Board

Default Cutting My Plenum Board

So, I got brave today, and followed the steps to cut my 4 zone plenum board. All went well (except dust collection) until it got done with the grid and asked me if it could cut the hole, I checked and saaid by all means cut the hole. It then asked me did it cut all the way thru, and because it didn't cut all the way thru, I said no. Here is where it should have told me it was going to try another .25 inches, but to my wondering eyes appeared this error, I get a error '401' can't show non-modal form when modal form is displayed. So, now I have a 4x8 plenum cut with 1/2 of a hole cut. what does one do in a situation like that?

David

Default multiplier

There is a (depth) multiplier for the z axis you can change at the beginning, as you call up the file, right before you select start.

It defaults to 1

You can set it to 1.5 (or more) and it will cut (then entire file) 1.5 times deeper than before.

Will that help ?
    The decimal point seems to be the most important on the z axis... x & y not so much....
    ShopBot... Where even the scraps and things you mess up and throw away are cool....

Might. I think I am just going to drill it with a hole saw. However I did seems vachole routine in there. I might be able to zero over the top of the hole position and make it work. Does that air deflector help with the dust collection. Man I blew mdf dust all over the place.

How did you you zero the table you could rerun the file from the point where it asks if the hole cut through

Default hole saw

You might finish up with the hole saw if that will work. One would hate to mess up what you have done so far.

MDF dust is messy and not good to breathe. It is somewhat difficult to get the dust skirt to seal well over something like the plenum cut.

Most projects will only generate 1/20th the dust of a plenum cut.
    The decimal point seems to be the most important on the z axis... x & y not so much....
    ShopBot... Where even the scraps and things you mess up and throw away are cool....

Default Thanks to Frank over at Shopbot

He tells me that I can just restart the file at line 255 with the fg command and the routine will continue as if it never stopped.

Shopbot is COOL!

Default Update on Bessie

Well, Bessie cut her plenum board a couple of days ago, and the software blew up. but i was able to complete the cuts this evening.

her birch is now securely bolted down, plenum is cut, now, I am going to have to build the vacuum plumbing, it does not look too hard looking at the illustrations from the manual.

Thanks for all the help guys, I hope to be cutting wood by Saturday.

David