Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aspire at Mcgrew's Camp

I have gotten some questions on the topics and that I call this an Aspire Camp and how it benefits those who have Vcarve pro,, this is what James has told me for the agenda this year and I have no doubt that it will benefit all end users of the software,, I called it the Aspire camp back in 09 and the name stuck !! James is busy with the release so I am posting his response to me when we set this years agenda.

"plan to focus on showing the new features of VCP7/Aspire 4 and then just answering any questions or topics people want me to cover. I would not want to commit to a more formal set of training topics as we have in the past. I would hope given the likely timing of the release that this is what most people will be interested in anyway.

Given past experiences my ideal situation would be to have the whole of Friday 9 – 5 to cover the new software and then Saturday morning 9 – lunch to answer any questions or topics the attendees bring up on the Friday If other presenters could be scheduled for some time on Thursday or Saturday afternoon I think that would work best based on feedback I have had in the past."

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    made a mistake for those who tried to fax today the number is 803 933 9988

pretty heavy response look forward to seeing all !

Dang I almost forgot Buddy easler is gonna show us something about some software for taking maps to 3d !!
    Ha Ha, I got my spot!

TR Gold leafing,

If you want a kit go to Vectric forum and respond to TR on the McGrew camp thread

to ask questions as we go & hopefully we'll have the answers.
    Because the smaller sizes of brushes are in short supply, it appears that there'll be a limit of 20 kits.

This year I intend to listen to this camp, when you hold these camps you believe it will all rub off on you,, Wrong !! I tried it and was not as prepared as I thought I would be, this is real popular and will be one of the highlight on Thursday and in the evenings,, we are holding the camp in April so we can have some good weather and extended hours,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeRg2_AaDtQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr9M8JPUPfA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3m-EhHWocU

registrations are 5+ daily this Camp will fill, I will be placing tshirt order by mid February, the shirts and hats will have the New vectric logo !

OK, this is coming together.

If you want a kit go to Vectric forum and respond to TR on the McGrew camp thread

Your Gold Leaf starter's kit will include everything you may have trouble sourcing elsewhere, & will allow you to complete samples & small jobs with it once you're home.

It will include....
    -2 lettering quills ( likely a #2 & a #5) These are old stock, of very high quality
    -Brush Oil ( to make these brushes last for the next generation)
    -Gilder's Tip ( the funky brush for handling loose gold)
    -Dux Fast Size, 1/2 pint. Size is the glue for the gold
    -Burnishing pads
    -1 book of leaf ( possibly mixed 23k loose, 23k patent & palladium patent.
    -1 book composition leaf ( the cheap stuff, for practicing)

It will be $149. No sales tax. Visa & MC will be accepted.

There is nothing above that's not essential, although if you only worked on flat surfaces you wouldn't need the gilder's tip.
    I will have extra gold & extra brushes for sale & I will also have the current price list for W&B products.

If you're serious about offering gold leaf as an option & want "a leg up" this is a prime opportunity. I'm also going to post something simple for you to cut out & prepare before the camp ( complete with prep instructions) so this will be "hands on". You'll be able to ask questions as we go & hopefully we'll have the answers.
    Because the smaller sizes of brushes are in short supply, it appears that there'll be a limit of 20 kits.

Shopbots T J Christiansen is bringing a shopbot to the camp !!! while the primary focus is the Vectric software I hope to give us all a lot to be involved in,, there is a laser company asking to come but I have not received a commitment, anyone want to bring a 3d printer ? Angus?

I have a next engine and will have it out, any one else on scanning ?

registrations are above 50% and for this early this will be a good gathering !

My wife just walked in with both hands on her head like she was trying to keep it from exploding and said "When's McGrew's Camp?" Can we go Now? I think there is an offspring issue at hand.

David

Is anyone going to be recording any parts of these sessions to be posted? One of the youtube links was a guy gold leafing. That reminded me that i have a whole bunch of powdered gold and gold leaf (thin sheets) that i got when i bought my old art teachers home some 40 years ago. I know its real (not sure of its karat(?) weight(?) but it looks like alot more then just software training will be going on. Is there any cirriculum posted?
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Jack, Camps are held for many reasons, I consider Camaraderie and collusion of ideas to be next to the subject or topic the most important, I have found that to record and edit a video along with production is counterproductive to why we hold them.. Meeting the Vectric fellows along with all the others is a face to face experience which makes all we do online with just names on a screen become very Real !!

My Shop is a commercial Architectural woodworking shop at 21000 square feet there is plenty of room and resources to have a lot going on. the main body of subject is the Vectric software yet I work to make sure we have something for all!

the Basic footprint of curriculum is on the registration,, in addition Buddy Easler who some may remember is one of the fellows who has done real well with the topo maps in 3d will present some software he works with..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jack maybe you could pay to have Neil and his daughter Sam come and show you how it is done.

they are registered, Sam I believe may be in on it with TR,, you coming this year ?