Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aspire at Mcgrew's Camp

James I agree the main reason to come would be to meet some of the people I consider friends face to face. It's too bad we haven't perfected the "Vulcan Mind Meld" in order to absorb all that experience and talent in one place.

Right now with a sick parent I couldn't be gone that long and the trip would be too expensive for me. I do agree to do a video right would be alot of production and work.
    I just wonder how effective it might be to set up a camera like shopbot does for their training and just let it run and "you get what you get"....
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

I have not counted in the past few days, we are over 1/2 registered, Shopbot is sending a machine along with TJ from their shop, and Kieth Outten from the "Creek" has told me Protech is bringing a laser, Roger From Moziak Cabinetry software is coming as well. Buddy Easler has some software for making 3d topography and he has done well at this Thursday is going be a full day of expos then down to the Aspire release and James Booth along with Tim Merril, Micheal From Carve Buddy and Ryan Patterson of Cabinetpartspro, All Beta testers for Vectric. I hope all who are wanting to get registered as I intend to place the shirt orders and want plenty to fit.. this will all have the new Vectric logo on them. getting plenty of Chatter and excitement for this one !!

I was asked about the presentation on Topography and cnc, Buddy is coming to day to get some foam and we are doing one for display, this is some of the work he has done with this software

this is Table Rock State Park SC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cabnet636; 02-05-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Is it possible that the topo session and the Aspire sessions could be videoed for us left coasters? Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy

Do you have room for two maybe three more people?

When you say Protech is bringing a laser, a laser cutter I'm assuming? or a laser scanner? I can't find a website with Protech name. Can we get a website?

/RB

I may have the name wrong, Kieth Outten of sawmillcreek.org has set this up and from what I understand it is a laser cutter engraver, (I am not so up on this) I will have my next engine that I have learned a bit more about out as well. I will check with Kieth for more info. back in a bit

Maybe it's Trotec laser cutters. I'd love to see one of those. If you have space we may have to venture up there again.

I would love to see a laser cutter/engraver at work! I might bring a pen to get my name engraved upon. A memento of the McGrew Aspire Camp 2013.

yes it is trotec,, they expressed an interest and we are waiting confirm !!

Quote Originally Posted by myxpykalix View Post
    James I agree the main reason to come would be to meet some of the people I consider friends face to face. It's too bad we haven't perfected the "Vulcan Mind Meld" in order to absorb all that experience and talent in one place.

Right now with a sick parent I couldn't be gone that long and the trip would be too expensive for me. I do agree to do a video right would be alot of production and work.
    I just wonder how effective it might be to set up a camera like shopbot does for their training and just let it run and "you get what you get"....
    Jack, I am with you. I feel like I know most of you guys, but if I ran smack into you on the street the only way we would know each other is the shopbot baseball caps we would be wearing..