Thread: Moving axis with mouse controller

Default Moving axis with mouse controller

I have a friend with a home-built cnc and he used Mach3. He has a mouse controller with joystick and small increment dial for moving each axis and zeroing... I am wondering if my shopbot can use this also, or if there is anything that would have plug-n-play ability. I use my laptop and it is kinda stationary where it's connected to my 48x96 and it gets old running the full length of the table to move a lil bit, and then back to check where the axis is in conjunction with each touch of the keypad...lol, any info would be greatly apprectiated...thanx again

If you can see the laptop you could use a wireless mouse or I use a logitech wireless rumble pad to do this.

rumblepad?...like a video game controller?

I use a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 as well. Works great.

I've got mine set so that the left joystick does the X and Y while the right does the Z. I've also got the joystick click set to switch to fixed distance and the right shoulder button to shift so I can move at 1/10 of fixed distance as well.

The other buttons are programmed up to do C2's, Yes/No answers, Return, esc, etc etc. I can pretty much do anything from the controller.

I'll have to check on getting one...seems to do the trick I was wanting... thanx

you can also use a smartphone

I've got a Rumble Pad that I'll sell. It's just been sitting in a drawer for a few years. Used it for a while, but don't anymore. Make an offer + $6 for priority mail.
    Scott

If you have an iphone, ipad, or other smartphone try this:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shop...305546145?mt=8

I have not bought it although i have a ipad and those who use this app might answer this question...Don't you have to have some type of wireless router hooked to your control computer to make this work?

I had a rumblepad connected at one time but plugging in the reciever to the usb port for some reason if it got too close to (something) inside the computer it would cycle thru all the buttons high speed and go nuts. I haven't used it in a long while either.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Hi Jack,
    I have an iphone and the application to shift
    around like using the Shopbot key pad.To answer your question, yes you need a wirless router hooked up to you control computer and WinRemoteServer.
    I use mine all the time and am very happy with it.
    Regards,
    Roger.

Scott, I have been looking at different things, but if you are priced right on the rumblepad, I may be interested in it. I have actually put a few bids in on ebay. You can message me on here or directly at whittlinshed@gmail.com with any info on your rumblepad. thanx