Thread: Disassembling a BT-48..gulp!

Default Disassembling a BT-48..gulp!

***Move cancelled - bot is going to be sold***
    Last edited by Acmeaviator; 01-23-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Take lots of photo graphs before you disassemble/disconnect anything. I have moved mine twice and they were worth their weight in precious metals more times than I can count. A few measurements and pencil marks before disassmbly could also be helpful.

I'd take a million measurements and pics, and I'd bolt, screw, or clamp squaring blocks on the machine everywhere I can. That way, when I bolt it back up, I'll be right where I started, or within very reasonable tolerances.
    I might even seek out a buddy who's a millwright so he could come over and give me direction. I'm sure he'd have lots of ideas I'd not think of.
    Ideally, I'd leave her right where she's at, or tear a hole in the living room floor and lower her in.

It's not as bad as you think. Pencil or sharpie mark where the gantry sits on the extruded table sides. Remove the YZ car. Remove the power stick. Remove the control box. Unbolt the wheel kit - only unbolt wheel kit crossmembers from legs - remove entire assembly as one unit. Leave the legs on the extrusions. Unbolt the [-shaped apron with support rollers from the legs. Move the parts to the basement.

Attach one side of apron to one set of legs. Attach other side. Then add the wheel kit assembly. Then control box, gantry & YZ car. Then you should be back in business. You will of course have a few in between steps, like un-wiring and re-wiring everything, but it is cake on a BT. You'll also want to check your assembly for square. As long as you mark the extrusions where the gantry sits and leave the legs on the extrusions, assembly should be easy.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Brady thanks for the sequence- seems much less daunting. I measured out everything today and have a better feel for how it should go.