Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Southern California Camp Shopbot !

Default 2013 Southern California Camp Shopbot !

New Location !!!!!
    On Saturday April 6th we'll be holding our annual Camp Shopbot in Upland, CA at Gabe Pari's shop- SoCal Teardrops- http://www.socalteardrops.com
    For those of you who have been to prior SoCal Camps please be aware that Gabe has MOVED his shop! His NEW address is;
    1431 W.9th St.
    Bldg. F
    Upland, CA 91786
    909-982-1199
    Gabe's got a larger facility, (and parking ! ) at the new place which isn't that far from the old shop.
    We'll be covering topics suggested by those who attend, as well as some of the more "universal" stuff which we all seem to deal with on a regular basis. In past years attendees to this Camp have brought in a variety of projects for the "Show and Tell" session which ranged from industrial parts to components used in the entertainment industry. It's always a well attended event, and Gabe's shop is usually full of interesting
    "experiments" in everything from aluminum to a variety of plastics.
    If you have any special interests you'd like to see covered please notify us in advance so we can try to accommodate them.
    The Camp will run our 'standard schedule' which is:
    8-9- Coffee/doughnuts
    9-Noon- AM Sessions
    Noon-1 Lunch
    1-4 PM Sessions
    As always there is NO charge to attend, but we DO ask that you contact us in advance to "RSVP"so we know how many people to expect when we plan for supplies, food, etc.
    You can do this by dropping me a note at- campshopbot@gmail.com
    We hope to see you there !
    "Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality"...The Dalai Lama

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

I've started to get some RSVP's already for the Camp, so it's NOT too early to let us know that you DO plan to attend.
    Randy Johnson, who is now handling "educational outreach" for Shopbot will be at this Camp, and he's going to cover the latest goings on in Durham. He'll
    give everyone a peek at the new "Autodesk 123D" software , and also show some of the projects he has worked on while an editor at American Woodworker magazine.
    Kellie Miller of Coastal Enterprises is going to provide us with samples of some of their latest products too.
    If anyone has a process, or technique that THEY would like to speak about, please drop me a note so we can incorporate it into the schedule.
    And as usual we'd ask you to bring something you have made with your Shopbot for the "Show and Tell" session. More to come as things develop...

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

Hey Bill,

I'm going to try and make it this year.

Chris
    Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Chris,
    Hope you CAN. And drag along something you've been working on again please...

Most certainly will do.
    Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Default Put me down too!

Looking forward to the Camp again this year. I have my tent and sleeping bag.. oops, wrong camp.

Dan,
    Thanks for the RSVP ! Remember that Gabe has moved so be sure which parking lot you choose to pitch the tent...

I wish that I could attend but money is tight. The bridge contest was epic the last time I was there. sadly i live about 90 miles away
    "Broke college kid making Chainmail"

Getting close to the Camp date so if you are planning to attend this one please drop me a note so I can keep a current head count. E-mails will be sent out by Shopbot, but if you know of anyone owning a machine who does NOT visit the Forum very often, let them know about it as well. Thanks!

Close to 40 Campers signed on already for this one. Major requests so far have been to go over vacuum systems, and 3D carving and finishing. If you have any other specific requests, NOW would be a good time to let us know.
    And for those of you already cutting "stuff", please don't forget to bring something in for the "Show and Tell" session...