Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallen warrior

Default Fallen warrior

Not sure if this has been posted yet. But Chris at http://cncmilitaryemblems.com/
    has now created a 3-d file for a free download honoring our fallen soldiers and marines and other warriors. I like the amount of detail in his files. This is a file I wish was not necessary but as long as there is evil in this world our warriors will sometimes have to give all. Thanks Chris, great job.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stupid Question Time: I have downloaded the file, and then right clicked to get to a drop down where I can "Extract All" and then put them in a fallen soldier file, and went to open them in Aspire 3.5... can't find files that can be loaded. Next: Went to the dowload /extraction file and tried to open. Could not load data. / found no data.

Went back to aspire and started a new file, then tried to import... again, so such luck.

Can you head me in the right direction? I don't know a family of a recent fallen soldier, but I would like to experiment with this, and, should I know of one locally, would like to present them with a small gift of a plaque like this out of Cherry or Maple or something... ( I know it is a SMALL token... but I'd like to do it none the less).

And if anyone had a file that I could cut that thanks a soldier/sailor/airman for their service. I would like to cut some for several young folks locally who have served- including one of my friends who was in the Guard, and a nephew who is a Marine and is about to deploy to Afghanistan...

(Many thanks in advance.)

OOOOOOOPPPPPS! The second time through it DID import the file. Why it didn't the first time is a mystery. The machine may still have been writing the files or something...?

It would still be great if I could find an appropriate file ( or even just a great idea as to what might be appropriate) and set it up for some deserving people who are serving their country....

Default glad it worked

I have done a few military plaques. Let your imagination be your guide. 3-d always dresses up the plaque. Here is one I did for a retired Col in the army.

That is GREAT! Tha is the sort of thing that someone will cherish for a long time!
    Great work! ( And great to give back something to those who are trying so hard to serve their country.)

Here is a plaque I did for my friend who is a helicopter mechanic in the marines
    "Broke college kid making Chainmail"

Default again thanks to Chris for the artwork

This is my first cutting with the file and it cuts great. Although I had permission to use the soldiers name I think I will keep that private.

Default Fallen Warrior vs Returning Warrior

I just wanted to put in one word of caution on this thread.
    There is a difference between a Fallen Warrior, a Wounded Warrior, and a Returning Warrior.

The graphic on that particular file is indicative of a Fallen Warrior (Empty boots, rifle w/ helmet on bayonet).
    A Fallen Warrior will never have dinner with his/her family again or attend a unit reunion. (S)he gave it all in defense of the US constitution and way of life.

A Returning Warrior has given much in the defense of the US constitution and way of life. BUT, they did not die in that service. Many returning servicemembers might have trouble receiving a plaque with a Fallen Warrior imagery. They knew those Fallen Warriors and some have survivor guilt.

I have known many Wounded Warriors and Returning Warriors. Their sensibilities may be contextually different than non-veterans.

My point is, please be thoughtful of what tributes you are rendering and to whom.

Jack L. McCarty
    MSgt, USAF (Retired)
    Last edited by JackM; 03-23-2013 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Clarifying which file represents a Fallen Warrior

Default thanks and i agree with what you said

But feel assured that this is not something that is going on sale in a gift shop but as a memorial to the fallen soldier whose name was removed. The proceeds that were generated from this cutting will be used to feed wounded warriors mid april from Ft Carson. This was an agreement between the mother and myself. I do not know how to be more respectful then that. Also bottom line no money was made to produce this plaque. That price had already been paid.

The artwork was generated by a graphic designer who is a vet and he gave it freely to any cnc operator that wanted it. I know for a period of time there were many requests for the artwork.

Hopefully this will make you feel better.

All gave some but some gave all.

Default Fallen Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy1296 View Post
    But feel assured that this is not something that is going on sale in a gift shop but as a memorial to the fallen soldier whose name was removed. The proceeds that were generated from this cutting will be used to feed wounded warriors mid april from Ft Carson. This was an agreement between the mother and myself. I do not know how to be more respectful then that. Also bottom line no money was made to produce this plaque. That price had already been paid.

The artwork was generated by a graphic designer who is a vet and he gave it freely to any cnc operator that wanted it. I know for a period of time there were many requests for the artwork.

Hopefully this will make you feel better.

All gave some but some gave all.
    Roger that, Cowboy. My only concern was the recipients and the possibility of good intentions going sideways due to misunderstanding of the symbols. For the artist, thank you for your service. For those raising money for Wounded Warriors, thank you for your respect and actions.
    Jack McCarty

• Make Excuses
    • Make Progress

Choose one: They are mutually exclusive.

Default Stolen valor

Nothing worse then stolen valor