Thread: 3d help....

Default 3d help....

So i am using the gear maker gaget for this project I am working on but have found in order to create the motion I am looking for I will need to make mitre gears, I am able to use the basic vectors to creat the object I need using the trial version of aspire but I can't save the toolpaths. I have been promised we will be purchasing the aspire software but in the mean time I was wondering of someone would be willing to help me out by making me a cut file?
    "The most valuable tool I have is the experience of others" - Me

Default Nevermind

I thought it was easy but I think I may have figured out another way... however any input on creating mitre gears would be helpful...

Another approach...or drill holes and use dowels:

http://woodgears.ca/gear/howto.html

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

I have the gearmaker app from M Wandel, if you tell me what you need i'll try to make you something if you still need help.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

well I think I got into the mode where I was really thinking to hard on it. I had to take a step back and realize I am building a giant to not a precision piece of equipment.
    I realized that if I tweak the toothshape a little I can make everything fit well enough to serve its purpouse but thank you so very much for your help. I will post a pic once I get it figured out