Thread: furniture protector?

Default furniture protector?

I have some tennants who left a beautiful leather couch and loveseat that i'd like to use in my Mancave but i have a cat who isn't too bad about scratching on the furniture but it only takes once with leather!

What i wondered was if anyone has made any kind of protector screens to protect the ends of furniture? I just thought maybe fireplace screens with some type of wooden frame cut out on the bot?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Why don't you just make your little buddy a nice scratching post and load it up with catnip? Keep it on the other side of your mancave and hopefully he'll get addicted to that instead of your couch.
    They're gonna sharpen their claws one way or another. Some cats like carpet on their post, some don't. You might just have to mess around a bit and try some different surfaces (berber, outdoor carpet, a big old log with bark on it, etc.) if your cat doesn't like soft pine. I'm sure you can make a totally badass and artsy totem-pole scratching post or something that will match your cave real well.

Or buy a dog!

We used to have normal fabric covered furniture that the cats always clawed. My wife told me we needed to buy leather furniture because the cats wouldn't claw that. I thought she had lost her mind. I agreed to buy a leather recliner to test that theory. I lost. The cats don't touch it.

And you wonder why women are dubbed "the smarter sex"?
    I guess that makes sense and i can see how a cloth couch would be more appealing
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson