Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Denver,CO Camp Shopbot!

Great ! See you there...
    "Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality"...The Dalai Lama

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

Just found out about it...I'll be there too

Thanks
    Todd

I'm in. Looking forward to it

Barry,
    Thanks for the RSVP, be good to catch up with you again...

"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else....." Sir James Barrie

Count two more, we'll trek it out from Utah.

Rich,
    Thanks for the RSVP. Please drop me a note at- campshopbot@gmail.com with a contact e-mail in the event something comes up regarding the Camp. I'll add the two of you to the list right now...

Default want to come to camp

Just happen to be going from Seattle to a class in Aspen the next day (starts Sunday evening). Would really like to see the Donek swivel knife in person, but travel in Denver looks complicated.

Is there a cheap way to get to the camp from the airport. I can land at 8:50AM Sat. And afterwards thought maybe would take Amtrak to Glenwood then bus to Aspen. So after camp, anyone going toward Aspen/Glenwood or towards the temp Amtrak station downtown Denver or past a bus stop?

Finding out about the camp just today and just cooked this alternate plan up of Amtraking to Glenwood from Denver after the camp, versus just landing in Denver and hopping to Aspen airport without stopping and missing the camp.

Thanks Dusty

Dusty,
    If you Google map Sean's address-35907 E 88th Ave, Watkins, CO you'll see that he's 15 minutes away from the Denver airport!
    You might contact Sean directly to see if there's a simple way to get from the airport TO the Camp, OR Aspen...I could drop you off at the airport after the Camp if that would help...

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Knobel View Post
    Just happen to be going from Seattle to a class in Aspen the next day (starts Sunday evening). Would really like to see the Donek swivel knife in person, but travel in Denver looks complicated.

Is there a cheap way to get to the camp from the airport. I can land at 8:50AM Sat. And afterwards thought maybe would take Amtrak to Glenwood then bus to Aspen. So after camp, anyone going toward Aspen/Glenwood or towards the temp Amtrak station downtown Denver or past a bus stop?

Finding out about the camp just today and just cooked this alternate plan up of Amtraking to Glenwood from Denver after the camp, versus just landing in Denver and hopping to Aspen airport without stopping and missing the camp.

Thanks Dusty
    Use a GPS and it is likely to take 45 minutes to get here from the airport. For some reason those things never find the fastest route. Send me an e-mail, and I'll get you a map that will get you here in 15 to 20 minutes. You should be able to catch a shuttle from the airport to Aspen, but I think they run about $100. The hotels by the airport are the closest to our location. I would guess someone will be staying at them, so you might be able to get a ride from one of them. If not, we can likely arrange to pick you up and drop you back off.

Default Denver camp here I come

Thanks for the replies. Count me in. Looking forward to attending the camp, spending some time in Denver and taking my first Amtrak trip in years and years. Yahoo!
    Dusty