Here's one that was easy to do because of the Shopbot, but would have been a real PIA without..(And since I am currently without I had to borrow the services of Brady's to do the job...).
Starting point was that I was visiting Brady's shop and he said the local lumber yard had some "wide mahogany". (He then made no effort to stop me as I drove my credit card over to the yard...).
They DID have wide mahogany, in fact I wound up getting the thinnest/shortest piece they had, which was still 10 feet by 27".....
I had the mahogany cut in half and drove it back to Brady's where we did some brainstorming and cutting.
I needed two tables, and I didn't want to lose ANY of the width of these beautiful boards, so we took one half of the pair and I drew the file for the "coffee table" which was the smaller of the two. We cut that out in multiple passes (this was 5/4" and we did it in 4 passes to get a very clean edge).That is shown in the first picture
Picture#2 shows the top which we cut out with some padouk edging glued on. Padouk is my favorite...
Picture#3 shows the legs that eventually wound up on the table (they had some large padouk so I used it with some butternut, and a bunch of dowels for the legs). Although I'm sure I could have gotten at least a few more years out of those milk cartons...
Picture #4 now shows the beauty of the CNC process; I took the "frame" which was cut out from around the coffee table and glued it to the bottom of the other mahogany board. NO seams or "bandsaw" marks to hide either...
Picture #5 shows how this made the edge of the "kitchen" table look twice as thick
Picture#6 shows the full table top with some of the new Watco "cutting board" oil , and some wax for the finish.
Side benefit of this process; NO waste at all. I used every inch of that board for these tables....

17349.jpg
17350.jpg

17351.jpg
17352.jpg

17353.jpg
17354.jpg