Thread: Theater Room

Default Theater Room

I just posted my latest shots of my last theater room here. http://theaterrooms.com/Nicosia.htm

Scroll down page for larger more detailed shots. Everything but the doors was made on the Shopbot.

Frank,

Would you stop already with the theater rooms!! My wife looks at this forum and you have made our poor den look drab and uninteresting. You are giving her too many ideas. :-)

I'm impressed with your rooms and never thought about using MDF to create wall panels. I tried hanging bat houses around the den but the effect just wasn't the same. ;-) I'm going to have to see if I can figure out how to use MDF as creatively as you and come up with something to dress the place up.

I promise I'll get some photos of the entertainment centers I've done soon and post them.

Robert

Bill, Realy looks great

Robert, Anyone with a shopbot can have a room like that. The materials are very inexpensive. Most rooms use between 15 and 30 sheets of MDF. That's only about $300 to $500.00 dollars worth of material. The second most costly material is paint. You don't want to know how much the labor costs but if it's your own then it's only time.

By the way I want to put up a bat house since I hate mosquetos. Where do you get the bats from. Do they know it's a bat house or do you have to advertise.

Frank, I'll email some bat info.

I bet there is a good deal of labor involved in those rooms. I've been looking at your pictures trying to break the process down in my head. You completely design and layout a room then cut all the parts bring them to the job site and install them? Do you pre-paint some of the parts as well? Looks like a tremendous amount of work, my hats off to you.

Bill, thanks... now I'll be building a table too. Looks great, I have some paduke laying around I was looking for a project to fit.

Robert

Robert,

When I design the rooms I am constantly thinking about how I will make the parts out of MDF. Most parts are assemblies that are preassembled in the shop before they are taken to the site. Something like installing kitchen cabinets.