Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 3.8.0???

John,
    I'm not sure about your 2nd question, but you can disable your prox switches under the VN command. They will work fine for a C3, but be ignored any other time.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Brady,

I thought there might be something like that. I guess I should actually read the documentation for the control program. Read? What's that?

No problem, John. I'd say you were doing just fine! There's a LOT of information to cover when getting familiar with your machine.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Brady,

Do you know if there is an issue with using the ShopBot when the prox switches have been activated (LED on prox switch out)?

I couldn't zero the Z axis under that condition and Z axis control became unreliable. I am curious if this is a bug or a feature.

John,
    You should most certainly be off of the prox switches when you run C2. This is probably a carry-over feature from ATC machines that use a Z axis prox. It would be rare for most to be on a prox while doing a C2 because you would be over the bed somewhere - so the chances that someone else would encounter this are pretty slim. I would make sure I was off all sensors before running one of those types of commands.

Also, make sure your Z can get down as low as you need it to by verifying with the keyboard command. They don't go as low as you'd think, and you could be bottoming out the driver for a spit second, causing some weird things to happen with the Z value.

-B

Mine stopped today after 3 1/2 hours right in the middle of a 3D cut. This is the first time this happened to me. Windows 7 and latest control update. I guess recovery is not possible. Any suggestions?
    Bruce
    Desktop Max with spindle, Vac, indexer, Aspire
    Trotec Speedy 300 80W
    AirWolf AW3D HD2x Printer