Thread: ok vets I need a little help!!!!!!

Default ok vets I need a little help!!!!!!

I have been running a file and about 1/3 into it my laptop stops. First is there a setting on my pc to keep it from maybe going to sleep or stopping? And 2nd how do I start the bot back up on a specific line to keep from having to run the file from the beginning? thanks for your help!!!

If you're running Windows 7, right-click on the battery/plug icon in the system tray (lower right corner) and choose "power options".

Click "change plan settings" for whichever plan you're running.

In the row labelled "put the computer to sleep", under "plugged in" (running the ShopBot from a battery powered computer is probably a bad idea), choose "never".

In that same window, click "change advanced power settings".

Expand "hard disk" and then "turn off hard disk after".

Next to "plugged in", change that number to "never", either by typing it or using the down arrow until you get below the "1".

Do the same under "sleep>sleep after" and "sleep>hibernate after".

You might also want to turn off your screen saver.

Starting at a specific line:

Make sure you're EXACTLY at the specific spot where you want to begin cutting (all three axis). For instance, if the file was interrupted in the middle of a long straight line, you'll need to position the cutter at the point where the line began cutting, and not where it stopped cutting. Otherwise, very unpredictable results can occur -- often causing very undesirable outcomes. If possible, try to find a line in the file, which preceeds your desired start point and where the command is moving only the Z axis down. If this is possible, it is a much safer way to restart a file.

In ShopBot control software 3.6.44 and earlier, type [FG].

Select your file and click "start".

Select "skip to" and type the specific line number into the box and click "go".

Look at the command you're about to execute and compare it to the positoin of the cutter. Assuming all makes sense, click "run from here".

I highly recommend trying this with no material on the table a few times to see if you can get it to do what you want to do -- though, if you're currently trying to recover from a problem, this obviously isn't possible.

Good luck! And keep you're finger on the spacebar so you can abort as soon as possible if your results don't turn out as expected!

Thanks John, you must be a school teacher haaa You layed it out perfect!!! Thanks again!!!!