Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pedastal table base

Quote Originally Posted by Simops View Post
    I do like the way you did the legs......will re-read your explanation again and explore Aspire further. Regards your finish spraying.....are you using HVLP?

Cheers
    Mike I'm using currently two identical systems, one for clear and one for coloured lacquers. Both pressure fed Graco HVLP Airpro guns and Binks 2 gallon pressure pots with dual regulators. I spray at about 35 psi gun pressure and 12 psi fluid pressure.

Ta.......been looking at HVLP.....

Cheers
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table

Andrew, Do you do your own re-saw, the bookmatching on the one leg is beautiful,couldn't see the top well enough to see if you are using same tree. The Amish up north of here do a lot of live edge black walnut out of pretty much a one man hand tool shop,so they spend a lot of time matching woods. Nice to see botters doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by scottp55 View Post
    Andrew, Do you do your own re-saw, the bookmatching on the one leg is beautiful,couldn't see the top well enough to see if you are using same tree. The Amish up north of here do a lot of live edge black walnut out of pretty much a one man hand tool shop,so they spend a lot of time matching woods. Nice to see botters doing the same.
    No but all 4 sides came from one plank. I buy my lumber kiln dried, rough sawn - but I do not get logs and resaw/dry etc.

All that grows up where I live is black spruce and other evergreens, and a few poplar and birch. No hardwood forests for hundreds of miles.

AJC

Stained... now just needs to be lacquered

Beautiful, Andrew.

I love the pedestal legs, and the care you show in all your work!
    Ron Sloan

Thanks Ron! If anyone is interested in the files - I'd share them no problem. I have the pedastal face file (3D) and the leg outline - both in Aspire 3.5. Just shoot me your email.

AJC

here is the freshly sprayed table top, base and chairs.

The chair seats and table base courtesy of the bot!

Andrew,
    Out of curiosity, if you don't mind sharing, what did you charge for the table and the chairs? Whatever it was, it wasn't enough

Dad obviously taught you well...he should be proud
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by myxpykalix View Post
    Andrew,
    Out of curiosity, if you don't mind sharing, what did you charge for the table and the chairs? Whatever it was, it wasn't enough

Dad obviously taught you well...he should be proud
    Chairs are $365/pc
    Table was $2850.

$5770 + tax for the set, delivered and set up. Ill even eat the first meal off of it if they want

I hope my father is proud of me. All my years (from grade 8 on through high school, and my university years) I was home working for him in the summer he never pushed me or even suggested I go into woodworking. He let me make that decision on my own. After doing three years of maths and sciences at university, I decided I had enough of not using my hands as well as my brain, and I went to college for three more years for woodworking. Only after I had made that decision did he tell me he thought it was a good idea.

One thing I will say, it will take me 20 more years before I think I will be at his level of creativity, design and engineering, etc. He is truly a master woodworker. I am still a LONG way off from considering myself on his level, IMO. But I try every job to get better.

AJC