Thread: combining toolpaths

Default combining toolpaths

so i just finished creating what is to date my most complex partfile, It includes 44 individual toolpaths. How can I remove the step between each toolpath where the tool returns home before starting the next one?
    "The most valuable tool I have is the experience of others" - Me

Edit your post processor, there is a MH or some equivalent command between each toolpath section.

The documentation on customizing your post should be in the folders with the executable for partworks or aspire.

After doing that.. click the icon to recalculate all toolpaths.

Done!

D
    "The best thing about building something new is either you succeed or learn something. Its a win-win situation."

--Greg Westbrook

I figured it was something like that I just wasn't sure if that action was built into the partworks software or into the SB3 software. Any chance you could be more specific on where to look?

In Aspire, the documentation is under Help / Post Processor Editing guide. Not sure if it's in the help menu on partworks or not.

it's also available here: http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6213
    Ken Zey
    Lookout Mercantile / Digital Millwork
    Rogers, AR
    www.CedarSlabSigns.com
    www.lookoutmercantile.com
    www.digitalmillwork.com

6x12 PRS alpha

Unfortunatly my personal work computer is in the IT lab at the moment and if I change the post processor on our shared PC it might mess up some of the other guys here. Also for the most part the jog home between paths doesn't effect what we produce. This particular part file is one i am making for my self as I prepare to purchase a Shopbot Desktop of my very own.
    I was able to find the line in the part file (J3 0.00000,0.00000,0.20000) and do a search and replace (JZ 0.20000). this will work for now and when I get my personal PC back I will revisit the post processor.
    Thanks for the help!

Thomas, you dont need to change "THE" post processor, copy it to a new one named "Thomases inch arc" or whatever name you want. You change YOUR post processor so it works YOUR way. THEY can have THEIR post processor just like it was until they notice you are getting your work done sooner.. You can have as many post processors as you want even with PartWorks, it just has to output for a shopbot. Aspire can output to anything. Then having your personal pc is a great solution also, but no need to wait! D
    "The best thing about building something new is either you succeed or learn something. Its a win-win situation."

--Greg Westbrook

i know you can't see me but i just did that thing where my jaw drops open as my eyes pop out of my head and somehow without moving my mouth i say "whaaaaaaaatt!!??"
    That sounds great because i work with a bunch of guys that think asking questions makes them look dumb and I think its a riot watching them try to not look lke there trying to figure out how someone does something!!!!!

Make sure you change the POST_NAME in your new post as well. That's what is displayed in the drop down box when you output the toolpaths and if you don't change it you won't know which is yours and which is the original.

Adrian is correct, and I should have mentioned it. You have to rename BOTH the file and the post name internally. Also the names dont have to be the same for the file and the internal name.

Thanks Adrian-

D

--Greg Westbrook