Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patterns

Eugene

Lots of interest...Looks like It's time for you to publish a book!

SG

I could be very interested. Might fit in very well with some ideas I have been kicking around.

Default Paterns

SORRY FOR THE DELAY IN RESPONDING. I HAVE BEEN OUT OF THE OFFICE, HAD A MAJOR HOLE DEVELOP AT HOME SO I TOOK OFF ALSO DID SOME TROUT FISHING... IN RESPONSE TO HOW AND WHERE TO MARKET MY DESIGNS. FIRST NO ONE CAN PROMISE YOU THAT YOU WILL MAKE TONS OF MONEY, OR THAT YOU WILL MAKE MONEY. LIKE MOST THINGS THE MORE YOU PUT INTO IT THE MORE YOU GET OUT OF IT.. YOU CAN RUN MILLIONS OF PRODUCTS, HOWEVER IF YOU DO NOT GET OUT AND INTRODUCE YOUR PRODUCT, YOUR SELF, YOUR COMPANY, NO ONE WILL KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
    I CAN SHOW YOU ORDERS FOR MY PRODUCTS, MOST ARE IN THE $250.00 TO $600.00 RANGE ON ORDERS. MY CUSTOMERS ARE MOM AND POP STORES, GIFT SHOPS, STATE PARKS AND MILITARY BASES.SOMETIMES TO GET A CUSTOMER TO SALE MY PRODUCTS THE FIRST TIME, I ALLOW THEM TO HAVE SO MUCH ON CONSIGNMENT FOR 60 TO 90 DAYS, (THIS DEPENDS ON THERE LOCATION AND THEIR TRAFFIC VOLUME INTO THAT STORE) I DO NOT LET PEOPLE BUY THEM FOR YARD SALES, OR FLEE MARKETS BUY THEM. I WHOLESALE, AND I DO FESTIVALS. ( I DO ONLY JURIED FESTIVALS) I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO A VIDEO TAPE OF ME MAKING THE PRODUCT. (NOT TALKING ABOUT CNC TIME) TALKING ABOUT HOW TO SAND SOME OF THE CONTOURS OF THE PRODUCT LIKE THE MAYO KNIFE. I AM ALSO GETTING THEM COPYRIGHTED TO PROTECT ALL THAT BUY THE PATTERNS. I DO NOT WANT EVERYONE COPYING THE PATTERN OR GIVING IT AWAY. THAT HURTS YOU MY CUSTOMER AND MYSELF. IT CUTS INTO ALL OF OUR PROFITS.
    THE PATTERNS WILL INCLUDE KITCHEN ITEMS LIKE A STIRRING SPOON, OVEN RACK PULL. PASTA MEASURE ETC. ALL CAN BE CUT OUT OF TWO OR ONE INCH THICK WOOD WITH THE BULK BEING OUT OF TWO INCH WOOD.
    NORMALLY FOR A 2X8X 96 BOARD OF CHEERY I GET ENOUGH PRODUCT CUT TO DO ME ON ONE ITEMS SIX MONTHS OR LESS.. TAKE FOR EXAMPLE THE OVEN RACK PULL. I MAKE 24 2 INCH THICK OVEN RACK PULL BLANKS, I THEN SLICE THEM INTO 1/4" STRIPS I END UP WITH I GET 5 OVEN RACK PULLS FROM EACH BLANK 5 X 24 = 120 OVEN RACK PULLS, I THEN SAND THEM TO REMOVE THE SAW MARKS,AND ROUND OVER THE EDGE, THEY ARE DIPPED IN MINERAL OIL AND SOLD WHOLESALE AT $3.50 EACH THAT EQUALS OUT TO BE $410.00 IT TAKES ABOUT AN HOUR FOR THE CNC TO CUT ALL THE BLANKS (ACTUALLY LESS TIME ON MINE). THE BOARD COST ME $5.15 A BOARD FOOT. I HAVE 10.67 BOARD FOOT IN THE 2X8X96. MY TOTAL COST OF THE BOARD $54.94 I BILL THE CNC OUT AT $60.00 PER HOUR I NOW HAVE A TOTAL OF $114.94 COST (THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE MY SANDING TIME. NORMALLY I AM MULTI TASTING, ( OTHER WORDS I DO NOT STAND AROUND AND WATCH THE EQUIPMENT WORK I AM DOING WORK AT THE SAME TIME. I AM IN THE SAME ROOM JUST NOT WATCHING IT MAKE EVERY CUT.) I AM SANDING WHILE THE CNC OR OTHER EQUIPMENT IS CUTTING ETC. MY PROFIT FOR THE TOTAL RUN IS $295.00
    IN ABOUT A HALF A DAY. ( I AM ALLOWING FOR SANDING TIME. MACHINE TIME IS ABOUT ONE HOUR.
    TIME OF RUNS WILL DEPEND ON YOU HOW FAST AND HARD YOU WORK, AND YOUR EQUIPMENT. I SET MY GOAL TO BE $5,000.00 PER MONTH PRODUCTION. WHICH IS $1250.00 PER WEEK, I DO NOT ALWAYS BRING IN THAT MUCH, BUT I PRODUCE THAT MUCH EACH MONTH TO KEEP UP WITH ANY PRODUCTS THAT ARE LOW AND NEW DESIGNS OR SIGNS.
    MY NORMAL E-MAIL IS eking1953@yahoo.com. and my phone number is 606-631-1639.. please do not call after 8 eastern time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS IS A LABORER.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS AND HEAD IS A CRAFTSMAN.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS, HIS HEAD AND HIS HEART IS AN ARTIST.
    ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

see my post
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Default Marketing product

FIRST YOU HAVE TO HAVE A PRODUCT THAT PEOPLE WANT. IN TODAY'S MARKETING YOU HAVE TO HIT CERTAIN PRICE RANGES. MOST PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE EXTRA MONEY TO SPEND. YOU HAVE TO HIT SEVERAL BASIC NEEDS. 1. PEOPLE BUY GIFTS BIRTHDAY, WEDDING'S, ETC. THESE WHAT I CALL MARKETING TO THE HEART.
    2. NECESSITY ITEMS. THINGS THAT THEY NEED IN THE HOME, OFFICE CHURCH ETC.

WOMEN DO 90 PERCENT OF THE BUYING. THAT IS WHO YOU NEED TO MARKET YOUR PRODUCTS TOO.

3. ITEMS THAT PEOPLE WILL BUY TO TAKE BACK HOME..
    I HAVE A GIFT SHOP THAT IS ON I-75 IN BEREA KY.. THEY ORDER OVER $300.00 EVERY MONTH AND SOMETIMES AS HIGH AS $1,000.00 DEPENDS ON HOW MANY TOUR BUSES STOP.

IF YOU HAVE 100 CUSTOMERS THAT IS ORDERING $50.00 PER MONTH YOU ARE BRINGING IN $5,000.00 PER MONTH.. ( THIS IS NOT PROFIT THIS IS NET.)

MY TEST MARKET IS MY WIFE. IF SHE LIKES IT, NEEDS IT OR JUST WANTS IT I PUT IT OUT FOR SALE. WHAT A MAN THINKS WILL SALE MOST LIKELY WILL NOT SALE AT ALL. WHAT A WOMEN THINKS WILL SALE WILL SALE. THEY DO 90% OF THE BUYING.
    IT ISHARD TO TEACH SOMEONE HOW TO MARKET ON LINE TO MULTI PERSONS WOULD BE BEST TO DO IT ONE ON ONE ON LINE, PHONE, OR IN PERSON.
    MY PHONE NUMBER IS 606-631-1639 MY E-MAIL IS eking1953@yahoo.com
    if interested lets talk.

I DO JURIED FESTIVALS AND SHOWS, ( JURIED MEANS THAT YOUR PRODUCT HAS TO BE APPROVED FOR SALES, NO CHINA MADE PRODUCTS ETC ARE ALLOWED. I DO THE FESTIVALS FOR TWO REASON NORMALLY IN A WEEK END I WILL CLEAR OVER $2,000.00 THE OTHER REASON, I PICK UP NEW WHOLESALE ACCOUNTS TO SALE TO. (NORMALLY I WILL PICK UP ONE OR TWO NEW CUSTOMERS... I TRY TO DO AS MANY JURIED SHOWS AS POSSIBLE IN DIFFERENT SECTIONS OF MY STATE.

SOMETIMES I WILL LET A CUSTOMER HAVE PRODUCT ON CONSIGNMENT TO GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO SEE HOW IT WILL SALE. THE NUMBER OF DAYS IS UP TO YOU.
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Default Up date on patterns.

DO TO MOST NOT WANTING TO TRAVEL TO LEARN HOW TO FINSH THE PRODUCTS. I HAVE DECIDED TO MAKE A VIDEO ON FINISHING THE PRODUCT.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

1 PAY 60.00 FOR A 2 INCH THICK X 8 INCHES WIDE X 96 INCHES LONG. I GET 120 OVER RACK PULLS. THAT IS A COST OF 50 CENTS PER OVEN RACK PULL. I WHOLE SALE THE OVEN RACK PULL AT 3.50 THE WAY I DO MARK UP IS FAR BETTER THAN DOUBLE MY COST.

HOW MANY PRODUCTS CAN YOU MAKE AND HAVE THIS KIND OF MARK UP.

WILL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED AS I GET CLOSER TO HAVING THE PRODUCT FOR SALE.
    IF YOU REALLY WANT A COPY BE SURE TO E-MAIL ME AT eking1953@yahoo.com
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Default Marketing products using my patterns

Setting up whole sale accounts is best. This is very easy to do for some and hard for others. It was hard for me at first. I did not know who to contact, where to go, when to go.

The who is the person that does the buying for that store.
    The where is gift shops, state parks, mom and pop retail stores. (you do not want to try for the large chain stores, most would require thousands shipped daily, or would take the designs over seas and have them made cheaper than what we can buy wood for.
    The when to go is in the morning. After 9:00 cut off and sales calls around 2:30.. Dress nice but do not over dress. Cold calls are normally not well taken, the way i do my sales calls is on potential customers my wife and i go out driving around in the area i do not have a customer in. I visit stores that i think would be a good place for my product. As i find the stores i get the phone number, contact person, best time to call them. I always get several potential customers in that town or area.
    One thing i do do is the customer that does decide to take my product that is the only one that i will set up in that area or town (you ask why. 1st that stores will go with you more often than if you do not let them be the only customer. 2nd this gives you a better chance at having more product sold. (each stores overhead is different, if they are competing with your product they may never move it do to pricing. The other stores overhead may be lower.) trust.. Giving them the right to be the only store in that area, makes them think your product will sale good.
    Try never to cold call.

Think of the way i see customers. If i have a 100 customers buying $50.00 a month my net income is $5,000.00 per month.
    At first it will be slow, you have to offer just a few products to your new customers, ( this keeps you from having too much expenses at first, run three or four products, introduce them to new customers, as you gain income you expand and offer the old customers new products plus you offer new customers old and new product to sale.
    If you get out each week, find 0ne or two new customers in a short time you will have 100 + customers. The more you hone your sales skills the better off you will be.
    If you sit at the shop, build inventory and never get out and sale the product you will fail. My wife is my best sales person most women can sale product much better than a man. Most women can sale ice to a eskimo.
    Use your wife. She knows what will sale and what stores that would be good for your product.

This goes true for all products, the more customers you have the more income you will have.

You can not have all your customers in the same town... Use the rule one customer one town or area.

Use your time that you are looking for new customers as a way to spend time with your wife. Take her out to dinner while you are looking (this will get you brownie points.

Look listen and act.
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Default patterns

I just posted a list of the patterns that i will be offering for sale.
    Let me know if interested.
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Quote Originally Posted by genek View Post
    I just posted a list of the patterns that i will be offering for sale.
    Let me know if interested.
    YES, YES, YES. Let me know where and how to send payment. THANKS!!!!
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Default Payment

Quote Originally Posted by dlcw View Post
    yes, yes, yes. Let me know where and how to send payment. Thanks!!!!
    will not take payment at this time. When i have the package ready to send out on dvd i will take payment. I have never done made cd or dvd's it will take a few weeks. I am also going to offer for sale products of the pattern for sale so that one will see what the finished product will look like this will be at whole sale prices.
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI