Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you run 3.8.4 please read

I have 3.8.4 running on my HP ZD7000A laptop. I has a Pentium R(4) @ 3.06 GHz and 2 gb of ram. I do have an external usb hub and my control card is v201.

This laptop is over 10 years old. Last week I ran a 3D carving that had just short of one million lines of code. It was a challenge for the "old guy" but between roughing and finishing passes the total run time was about nine hours.

There were two issues that came up. The first was in the roughing cut when after about 50,000 lines and reversing direction on a raster cut the machine failed to come out of it's ramp. After several passes I paused the machine and issued a minor feed speed change and after resuming the file finished without further incident.

The second "hiccup" was after about two hours into the finishing pass the exact opposite happened. The machine failed to ramp when approaching reversal of a raster pass. That one gets your attention when she's moving at 4 ips. Again I paused the machine and issued a minor feed speed change and the file finished with flawless results.

Both discoveries were reported and the roughing toolpath was sent to support.

As a side note, I've had no problems driving the Bot with my iPhone and 3.8.4.

Bill

Default processor

I gave up on it also..I am running AMD phenom 9750 Quad Core 2.4 GHz

Default AMD Processor

I think with the AMD processor you will need to run at least 3GHz..my benchmark was 2907 and I can't run the software..Just about everyone I see that is running AMD are running 2.7 and 3 GHz and having no problem with 3.8.4....just sayin.... maybe wrong on that but whatever....

Great idea Dave! Anyone know if it is possible to run a Shopbot on a Raspberry Pi?
    Inexpensive, easy to troubleshot and can be modified to browse a network to run files. Not sure about the ram and processor though.

The Pi runs an ARM Linux distro, and won'r run WINE, so no, I don't see that happenning...
    Ron Sloan

at this time I am running a file from my HP netbook with 1 gig ram and an Atom processor. I have loaded 3.8.5 on it just to see what would happen. I did run that file on my normal computer running 3.8.4 and it ran very smooth. It is a long file about 4 hours to run so we will see what happens.

File ran perfect other than the stops to reload data. I was even plugging in a usb fan and unplugging it did that about 20 times as I was working on the cooler unit for my wife.

Hi Jerry,
    3.8.5? I'm still only seeing 3.8.4 on the Shopbot site. Perhaps you're a beta tester?

Default 3.8 upgrade

Hi Guys ,
    I have done the upgrade , and without any "control" /or / proper understanding of the situation I have most of the problems what where here, or on another threads experienced, so I have dedicated most of the day for same troubleshooting, here are my results.

I have replaced my initial laptop Acer 2GB Mem and CPU Intel 1.5 GHz.

So my tests are done now with a

Toshiba CPU Intel 2.20 GHz and 8 GB Mem

After the "laptop" upgrade I can see no change same crashes ...

Things done , summary to what actually really make a difference.

1 Make sure you have a "Packet_ET" under 20 !!!

A. DO NOT USE USB 3!!!! will not work ...
    B . In a laptop MAKE sure you DISABLE the battery control of the USB!!!!!and force the laptop to use the "High performance" for the battery.
    C. make sure you have installed correct the firmware "UI" option ...to narrow , where I am now , I have to re-do it.

This will bust the USB to have "Packet_ET" under 20 , my case around 15 , and all the problems with the variations on speed will clear !!!!

2 After this I have the "random" same crashes where the speed seems to slow .
    I have noticed ....my Wireless card !!! at that time was doing a "search" after networks .....her decision!!!! so I have disabled the wireless card , and that seems to cure for now !!!

I will keep posting my experience, please post yours, we may find the final solution for all this problems.

Thanks for all you help ;o)

Cheers DAN

www.cnc4unz.com

Hi All. I tried again to run the 3.8 software without my hub and no go. Made same noises. In a private message Brady was telling me about motors, values etc and something came up that I am wondering if others that are having issues with the 3.8 have in common with me. I have a 2007 PRS standard and my motors are the ones that have a label that says 0.5" / step. Brady was telling me about this mark on the label and that it may have another marking that says 1.5 amp. Mine does not say that. But I am wondering if the motor amps is problem? Shopbot uses a 2 amp motor now. My number on my motor is A7243-9412KTG.
    I am not sure if by any chance the 1.5 or 2 amps would make difference with software. When I checked my packet to see comms I am at 13.8