Thread: Wholesale of ones product

Default Wholesale of ones product

Some will have questions on how to price products for whole sale. All of my patterns will come with a suggested whole sale price, retail will be dbl of the wholesale.

Several reasons i wholesale,
    1. I do not have to have a store front, (no rent, no overhead or employees)
    2. Once you get established you will not have time to run product and run a store.
    3. I do not have to fool with sales tax.
    4. I can move more product per month with wholesale customers.
    5. By moving more product, my turn over of my money is quicker, (when doing production runs you produce more product in about the same time as you do a run of just a few.) set up most often is longer than running the parts.
    6. The more the product is seen the more people come back to buy your product at that store.

Some may be worried about others having the same patterns, what i have found out, is that some stores will buy from you but not from someone else or they will buy from someone across town but not from you. No one can corner the market. You may get the lion share of the market, by being the first one in your area with the products but you can never get the full line of customers. Look a wall mart, they have the lion share, however k-mart and other stores that sale the same product or similar are making money.
    I sale laser cut products, some of the patterns that i have bought are sold to people with in my state. (actually have a competitor that i went and trained how to make the product and even sold him some of my products so that he could get his store open. I do not worry about him at all, actually competition is good, it keeps you striving to be better, to offer more, to have better quality. I do work for berea college, they buy product off of me at a distributor price, they actually wholesale my product at a higher price than what i wholesale for. They are one of my biggest customers, i have talked them into buy a shop bot and they will be buying my patterns. They will be making the same product that i sold them. (ask diane at shop bot. If i have not been trying to sale them a shop bot.)
    why, i want the college to have crafts totally made by the students) even with them competing with me i will still have as many wholesale customers minus the college. I actually enjoy competition it keeps me on my toes and working to out perform my competition.

I have no clue as to how many people that are in competition with me on the laser, but for some reason, (hard work, good quality products, correct pricing) i have ended up shipping to 15 different states. I retired from the navy in 03. I bought my shop bot in 08 i paid cash for it, i had saved up money from my sales to pay cash for the cnc and a laser.. From the sales of my product. I was working out of a two car garage, now i have a 20 x 50 building with a 2nd floor that i have out grown, and if i was not trying to retire to be able to travel and let my wife see the country. I would be building a new building, i actually now need a building that is 30 x 120.

If i can do it, you can. I taught myself wood working while in the navy, using the bases wood shop. I made things for the house and for friends.
    With hard work good quality products you can make a good living. As you find customers and get your name out there other customers will come looking for you. As you build customers, and get your products out their the more customers will come knocking on your door.

By the way i have a buddy, no vaccum
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS IS A LABORER.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS AND HEAD IS A CRAFTSMAN.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS, HIS HEAD AND HIS HEART IS AN ARTIST.
    ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI