Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you run 3.8.4 please read

Hybrid View

Default If you run 3.8.4 please read

Hi everyone,
    I was hoping to get the help of the forum. I am having issues running the latest update of the control software (3.8.4) and with the help of Frank (of Shopbot technical support fame) I have been trying to figure out why. Our suspicion is that my processor is too slow which has been causing me to miss steps.

I would like to see what other processors are being used to run the new upgrade and get an idea where mine falls in terms of performance. I found a web site that ranks processors on a scale. It is called:

cpubenchmark.net

If you are running 3.8.4, can you please let me know what processor you are using so I can compare it to mine? If you want to visit the site yourself and just let me know your score that would work too. The easiest way I found to do it is just to put your processor info into Google and put "benchmark" at the end. The click on the link for CPUbenchmark.

For the record, my processor is a Pentium(R) Duel Core T4400 @ 2.2 GHz. My benchmark score is 1304.

Please help if you can. This may also be of help the others trying to run 3.8.4.

Thanks
    Ben

AMD Phenom II X4 945 @3.0 Ghz - 3,730 Packet_ET 15.1

What is your Packet_ET after a move command of say MX,20? UD, at the bottom right of the resulting screen.
    Scott

INTEL CORE 2 DUO E6400 @ 2.13ghz - score of 1,171 - Packet_ET 16.5

3.8 works perfectly for me.

Hi Scott,
    Thanks for your reply and help. My packet ET is around 35. Frank and I are still trying to figure out why it is so high.

I gave up on the new version. I am running 3.6.38. I have almost same processor as Scott as he helped guide me thru building my own pc (thanks again Scott) and had high packet numbers etc. I may revisit it later but IMHO if you have one that works and it ain't broke....leave it alone.
    I think we all want and wish we could run the new version as it perhaps is our nature to stay "updated" but unless the wheel gets reinvented with it I am not going to worry about updating. Good luck though and keep us updated.

Cheers,

I have a Pentium 4 2.79 Ghz with 2.24 gigs of ram and I get ET 24.6 from this system no problems running 3.8 software.

I am wondering if some of the newer pc's that are multi core could be the problem where the processor is using one core then switches to a different one due to inactivity.

Don't know but don't you think it is about time that SB offered a PC built from scratch optimized to run their controller? Bottom line to me seems to be that a bare bones box with networking ability and the right hardware with no extraneous software would not only be welcome by many users but also cut way down on customer service calls.
    Why networking ability? So you can design and output code on your full bore desk (or laptop) computer and network to it (though a firewalled router if you are smart) to select files to run and also connect to SB for update software downloads.
    Also, like many other software companies, SB should at this point be asking people if they mind if they take control of their computer to check things out. That could also save a lot of time and grief on customer service calls.

There's more than a few good points point in that post.

How about it...... can we put that stuff on the xmas list, oh shopbot powers?

Default cpu speed

This is a personal opinion.

Newer computer are processing billions of instructions a second I don't see any way the SB is using the data that fast.

How about the SB is getting more data then it can handle and a buffer is
    overflowing causing missed instructions

Mike