Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melissa Jones - Sign Tutorial Videos

Default Melissa Jones - Sign Tutorial Videos

Hi all, we just produced a video to see if there might be any interest in, more videos!

3D sign tutorials to include, 2D and 3D designing in Aspire, Hand Carving, Finishing, etc.

Here is what we put up so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF9KVqDCfU4&hd=1

Oh, and we would need some level of sponsorship by companies because the videos are very time consuming to create, so if you can think of anyone to pass this on to...thanks!

Melissa, I would be most interested in such video tutorials....very professionally done I must say. I've noticed your work before from the web and its very artistic and professional......you certainly have a talent there.

I have been interested in dabbling with 3D signs but never sure how to start...and finish!...
    So to have video tutorials come from you, especially with Aspire and finishing, would be most welcome. You don't mention the cost but I would certainly pay for professionally made video tutorials.....within affordable reason.

Cheers
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table

Wow Michael, that is a very nice offer! I never really thought too much of donations from individuals or even fellow sign makers.

Was just hoping for material or product donations from companies to try and sort of review at the same time. Better yet...the main companies that I like and use, to send stuff that we know how to use and that we trust.

It's just that we need some kind of boost like that, becuase it is a lot of work and I don't think it's asking too much.

Thanks again Michael!

I'm a small hobby guy always looking to get better. I'd made a donation to see more. Great work.

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

Very impressed ! A lot of great work. also interested in future works

I too have seen your work on the web prior to this posting. Awesome work. As a medical professional, I pay for continuing education all the time. I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee too to be able to learn from a truly gifted professional. Now all I have to do is get wait til my ShopBot Buddy 48T with spindle arrives in a few weeks

Hello Melissa,
    As someone who has worked in movies and television production you don't have to tell me how much work is involved...the average person doesn't see all the work pre and post production So i can appreciate the amount of effort involved.

I've also worked in marketing and if you want some advice on how to market yourself, your abilities, obtain sponsorships, product endorsements, and product sales I might be able to give you some advice. If you want to email me off forum (because it's a lot of info back and forth) get my email address from my profile and we can correspond......(I want my 10% though if i make you a star!)
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

I would also be interested in them. If you plug your suppliers they may give you money and material to do these videos.

Wow Melissa your work is simply amazing. I too would be willing to pay to see more of your videos.

Shane.

Melissa,

You are definitely a USA National Treasure!!!

I would be very interested in learning from the master. I am an infant when it comes to sign design and I know your talent and skill would make a HUGE difference in my ability to offer very valuable solutions to customers.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.