Thread: Opertunity - Oak Berrels

Default Opertunity - Oak Berrels

I have a request for a project that is out my area of expertise. California, Group looking to carve oak barrels with names of Donner's.
    I can pass along the request, you will need to follow up with the customer.
    Please PM me

This might be of interest to Ron Sloan.
    Eric Erickson
    Shopbot BT48 Buddy

I was just telling my son and nephew (adults that sometimes run my machine) that there are opportunities with indexers. I am specifically thinking of "real wood" columns that could be turned for custom home builders.. I keep thinking of front porch columns that are both turned and then CUSTOMIZED... (Imagine: Builder is able to tell "Mr & Mrs John Doe" that he/she (builder) will have a pair of custom columns installed at their front porch as he is finishing out the build of their new home- and it is milled to show their names and the date of purchase, the street address and some other custom stuff in a "medallion" kind of a set up... Maybe with some additional artwork or tone-setting type milling...

Or the builder could do it for the customer's Bar -or on columns between entry area and living area, etc., etc..... It would be possible to turn custom columns or just to customize off the shelf columns....

I really think this is an area where a person could make a TON of sales. Customizing for the upper-end commercial customers- who are selling into their customer base...

The barrels sounds like a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to modify an indexer to do the work! ( I am really thinking about buying a system and converting the whole thing to being nothing but an indexer. That would be a blast!)

I have told my son and nephew that i'd like them to be thinking about cool little projects that we can do, and show off to a potential customer- to see if we can stir up interest in some of those more intruiging ideas...

What kinds of cool ideas are YOU folks thinking of?

Eric Erickson
    Shopbot BT48 Buddy

Could be.... you need to talk to the customer..... PM me