Thread: operator error or glitch

Creative Solids, Fairfield Glade Tennessee

Default operator error or glitch

am using 3.6.44. this has happened twice now. looses x,y location. first time i just happened to notice that it did not go to the correct start location for a program (this is a program i have run several times with no problem). this time i had just finished aligning bot to a jig. i then did a k move (including control for high speed) to move bot out of way to put item in jig. then told bot to go back to the 0,0 -- and lo and behold is was some 3 inches off on x and about 1 on y - did not do a check to see how much it was off - it was just way obvious.

between the alignment and move to 0,0 all i did was a k move

is there a bug in the program or can someone give me an idea of what i am doing to cause this problem.

much thanks

don

See if you can repeat the error. There have been times where I inadvertently did a ZX instead of a JX and things like that by mistake/ham-fisted fingers. It happens.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Brady,

always appreciate your help! i will give another test tomorrow; however, i know it was not a zero command as the bot moved several inches before it came to 0,0 - if i had done a zero move one of the axis would not have moved. and example might be that i had done a k move of say 20 inches, but it only moved back 16 inches.

Brady,

with my apologies to Pogo - i have met the enemy and he is me! here is what happened. i have a rectangular jig made from aluminum. i created a routine for doing z-zero type check along the x and y axises - my routine will give me the x and y location when the dowel touches the jig. i then use va to enter the correct value. works great - i use a 1/2 inch alumnin dowel which i miked to .498. since the center line for y is the exact center of the jig, aligning y was a cinch - the numbers are the same, just one positive and one negative. but the x axis was offset by 1 inch. so i needed to enter negative 1 plus the radius of the bit (1.249) - i entered a positive number . then when i did a k move to the left to change bits and raise z to clear the left end of the jig and then did a m2,0,0 command, the result was way off. from my perspective it looked like both x and y were wrong. today first did a y alignment - was only .002 off. then did an x align and it showed 1.249 - that is when i realized it should have shown -1.249. once again - operator error. much appreciate your willingness to help and your patience. don

No problem, Don. I'm glad you got it sorted out. Thanks for posting & updating your situation.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com