Thread: Slight Communication Issues with SB

Default Slight Communication Issues with SB

Hi there every now and then I get some weird response on the Shopbot when trying to run C2.

When it's acting goofy it will start going up and won't stop until I hit the space bar repeatedly, then it stops. I then tried reset, firmware, powering down, unplugging and restarting pc. Some times some of these things worked, it seemed. Right now no matter what I do it doesn't fix it.

This seemed to be at it's worst when I was cutting a lot of PVC...serious electricity was being built up. However I have since checked my grounding and am still good...grounded a T like in Gary Campbell tutorial method of grounding.

Any advice?

It's a PRT 48 by 96 RBK upgraded control box running the latest stable control software.

Quote Originally Posted by mjindustry View Post
    ...every now and then...
    It happens. Unless it is repeatable over and over, it is hard to track down the cause. I know that doesn't offer much consolation, but...even robots have their days.

I'm not being trite - try spraying a little Static Guard near the area you are going to use the plate. Test an inconspicuous spot first, in case it stains. I have not used this 'trick' for several years when I was cutting high charged material that would create so much static, blue sparks would dance around in the dust hose Yeah...Static Guard. Smells good too

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com