Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing Saw Blades?

Default Dressing Saw Blades?

After cleaning the pitch off your table saw blades, is there anything you put on that helps slow down build-up? Maybe something you use to protect the blade?
    It seems like I never get done cleaning my blades, and it'd be nice if there was something I could put on there, like maybe T-9 that would help.
    I read somewhere that some guys use PAM. I figure that'd fling off and make greasy marks on my wood, I don't need that. I suppose I could run the saw for awhile and push a few pieces of scrap through to take off excess?

Even if you guys have any ideas that sound good in your head, I'd be willing to try. The worse that could happen is that I'd have to clean it off.

I used to put wax on my blades when the underpowered table saw I had at the time needed all the help it could get. As for keeping them clean I not sure in memory if it improved things.

I used Dri-Coat bit and blade lubricant in the past. I now get a very similar product at Grainger in a larger can for much less money.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

heres a post from Bill P. http://

www.youtube.com/embed/IPM8OR6W6WE?feature i

think this would work fine

Dri-Cote worked well for me on my uni and plunge bits on cedar ply and 5/4 cherry and mystery corner trim(8,000 linear feet plus) and still using same blade. another plus was when doing the teak grab rails I burned up a 1/2" solid carbide bit doing the 8/4 plank, went back to store and bought a new router bit and a can of Dri-Cote and did the next six and still use that bit,teak is a good test of a bit. Use the two coats they recommend and recoat when needed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Grainger "Dri-Coat"

Don,
    I have searched Grainger in vain, could you point me in the right direction for the name of Grainger product similar to Dri-coat,
    Thanks
    Jerry

Thanks Bill,
    I am currently using Bostik Dricote and like it very much, but would like a less costly substitute, such as might be available from Grainger.
    Jerry

Jerry,

I must apologize. The stuff I use I got from a local hardware supplier. Spokane Hardware. But you can access their line of products through:

http://www.thehardwarehut.com/catalo...p?p_ref=258904

The RETAIL price shown is higher then what I pay as a professional cabinet shop. If you set up an account with them, you can get it for less then it shows on the website. Give them a call and they can get you set up. They have been really good to me over the years.

*********** Disclaimer **************
    I am in NO way affiliated with Spokane Hardware. They are one of my suppliers and have been very good to me over the years.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Default well dressed saw blade

The well dressed saw blade... Sorry, couldn't help it.

SG
    Attached Images Attached Images