Thread: Partworks 4.0 vs V-Carve Pro 7.0

Default Partworks 4.0 vs V-Carve Pro 7.0

Vectric V-Carve Pro 7.0 has been released now for more than a month. Shopbot's Partworks 4.0 is supposed to be the equivalent for Vectric's product as far as I know. I have not received an email from Shopbot suggesting the update is available yet. Has anyone?

On a related note, I wonder if you can update from Partworks 3.5 to Vectric V-Carve pro 7.0 via Vectric for the same price? Why does there even have to be a separate Shopbot product? Seems like a waste of resources to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rustnrot View Post
    Vectric V-Carve Pro 7.0 has been released now for more than a month. Shopbot's Partworks 4.0 is supposed to be the equivalent for Vectric's product as far as I know. I have not received an email from Shopbot suggesting the update is available yet. Has anyone?

On a related note, I wonder if you can update from Partworks 3.5 to Vectric V-Carve pro 7.0 via Vectric for the same price? Why does there even have to be a separate Shopbot product? Seems like a waste of resources to me.
    I'm sure there are lots of changes in the new version. Personally, I didn't see much difference.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

So John, you do have the Partworks 4.0 or whatever it is called? Not Aspire 4.0 but the shopbot Partworks 4.0, correct?

Default VCarve Pro 7.0 ShopBot Edition

From the May ShopBot newsletter http://www.shopbottools.com/mCompany/newsletters.htm
    "VCarve Pro 7.0 ShopBot Edition
    With this upgrade, PartWorks is officially changing its name to VCarvePro ShopBot Edition. It's always been the same program but the versions done for ShopBot generate only .sbp files. The difference in names and version numbers has created a bit of confusion in the past especially when someone wanted to demo the program. The upgrade is free to those who have purchased since January 2012 and $150 for those with earlier versions. If you think you are eligible for the free upgrade and have not received an email about this, contact Dianne at ShopBot. Note that PartWorks 3D is not changing names nor has it been updated."

Dianne also sent out email to her list of owners eligible for upgrade. The shopbottools website hasn't been updated yet because the focus has been on the introduction of ShopBot's Handibot smart cnc tool this week. Go to Vectric's site for details http://www.vectric.com/products/vcarve-pro.htm

Excellent! I'll request the update purchase on Monday!

Tom,

Yes, I have the new V-Carve for Shopbot. It's not different enough for me to upgrade my Shopbot controller computer. I think it's mostly a name change. Eventually, this will reduce the confusion.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Actually, it looks to me like there are significant imprpvememnts. Here is a document that outlines the changes.
    Ron Sloan