Thread: 3D Carving VR settings

Default 3D Carving VR settings

Recently upgraded to the new software, machine had too many issues so I reloaded the older one 3.6.44.

Carving my 1st relief with the reloaded software, the machine is banging all over the place and I can't continue. This relief has some fine carving with textures. I did not think to save the older settings and am trying to get back to where I was. Read Brady's VR settings article on the SB site but can't seem to tweak them out for a smooth cut "non shake the legs off the table" kind of thing.

Can anyone tell me what VR settings you have for 3D cutting (or any other settings for 3D)?. On my reliefs, I go down to a .125 ballnose. Using a PRS Alpha

Stephen

If you have fine texture in the background, slow down your MS to say, 2,1 and see how that works using the settings I recommended. (.08 Min Dist to Check, 150 3D Thresh, 45 Slow Corner Spd) If it still bangs, you need to slow it down even more...Like 1,0.7 or less. Mess with speeds until she tells you where she's happy.

Every relief is different, and it will go as fast as it wants to go and that's it...or quality suffers. The bottom line for me is quality...if it takes a little longer so be it.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com