Thread: need help

Default need help

we're setting up the desktop with an indexer and all works fine ,but when selecting the indexer post processor in aspire ,(shop bot indexer) aspire does not generate the x and z axis code,so only the indexer works but no x or z axis movement.
    Can anyone tell me what i have not selected

Stan, did you do the "Wrapped Job Setup" routine in Aspire before you opened the particular job you are working on? I think the is in the Gadgets menu and is a little obscure. joe

Default wrapping

yes did all that turns out the selection of shopbot indexer has no Gcode for x and z axis ,really strange
    I could not get the shopbot indexer selection to work on the desktop ,both the aspire 3.0 and 4.0 trial copies would not generate proper code ,it just powered the indexer motor.

I think your problem is that you are using trial copies. I think it only generates cutting files for a few files in the program. I don't think the trial program comes with a indexer pp file, not sure...
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by woodman08 View Post
    we're setting up the desktop with an indexer and all works fine ,but when selecting the indexer post processor in aspire ,(shop bot indexer) aspire does not generate the x and z axis code,so only the indexer works but no x or z axis movement.
    Can anyone tell me what i have not selected
    Have you loaded the correct post processors from the sbparts folder? There are two pos processor files you have to copy into the aspire postp folder to be able to select the correct setup from the drop down.
    PRS Alpha 96" X 48" w/ 12" Z
    4hp Spindle
    6" Indexer
    Aspire 8