Thread: I have a ?

Default I have a ?

My wife found a good job in Olive Branch Ms.
    which state has better taxes ms or tn.
    we are looking at houses online now.
    we are glad to get out of IL:}
    Any help would be great:} larry

I just moved from OB into Memphis. I lived in OB for nearly 10 years. Contact me directly for details. coryat@gmail.com
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Larry, congratulations on being able to move out of Illinois. I was born here, and the weather and seasons are nice........ but:

So congratulations! Chuck
    Chuck Keysor (circa 1956)
    PRT Alpha 60" x 144" (circa 2004)
    Columbo 5HP spindle
    Aspire 9.0, Rhino 5

Once when i was a teenager i took my van and my beagle on a road trip and broke down close to Olive Branch in the middle of winter. This old guy who had a crank winch tow truck came out and got me. The motor was blown and i had to get another one put in by this old guy. I had nowhere to stay, had to get mom to wire me some money for a new motor and repairs in the dead of winter and this old couple let me sleep in my van inside their gas station at night.
    The only thing that kept me from freezing was curling up with that hound dog inside my sleeping bag.

After a couple days they invited me to stay at their house at night and gave me a bed to sleep in and fed me. In return while i was letting them repair the truck i went to the gas station and would clean up and organize stuff for them just because i didn't want to just sit around waiting.

It took 4 or 5 days to get it done at the speed he worked but that was one of the most memorable experiences i've had showing the kindness of strangers and how it USED to be....
    So if the people are still like that there, you'll be in good company.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Whatever state you go to from IL will be a step up (speaking of government issues).

The Brady Campaign rated TN at 22/50 and MS at 39/50, both earning 0 stars ... so I'm good with either one of them. (IL is rated 8/50) No secret I'm pro-2A so yes, that would be a factor I'd consider if moving.

TN only taxes dividend and interest, no personal income tax there.

For tax burden - http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/total_taxes/
    TN ranks 50/50 overall
    MS ranges 23/50 overall

MS is not known for caves, TN is, has plenty of caves and many are used by bats to hibernate.

Sounds like TN would be the better place to look at to me. I lived there for a short while, nice place, like the mountain areas best.

/RB

Default Il

I was born here to.
    All I have to say is last one in IL turn the lights off:}
    larry

Miller Marine Products, Ridgefield Washington

I live in Washington State I like this state but we have a high property tax and sales tax but no income tax. The problem is I work across the border in Oregon and they have a high income tax. I am in a group of people who pay the highest state tax in the nation because I have to pay Oregon income tax and WA state sales and property tax.

What really ticks me off is if I buy a OR fishing or hunting license I am considered out of state so other than the road I use I get nothing for my tax money and I am not allowed to vote in the state either.

If I remember right when I was in school there was something in the constitution about taxation without representation.

When people from Oregon come to my state they can buy things and not pay any sales tax.

Mike
    WWW.MillerMarineProducts.com
    Proto Trak DPM CNC Bed Mill
    Brand X Industrial router
    Sharp SVL-2416SE-M VMC

Default Its not any better over here

Good luck with the move but no matter where you end up its still better then here. We have the most taxes and the highest taxes. The grass is not always greener on the other side..

Jim