Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Craft

As someone who has hopefully helped a lot of guys over the years (closing in on 6000 posts!) I've asked and answered many questions and frankly learned alot from Joe just by reading his "nuggets of wisdom".

I'm no expert on signs but am now doing many signs for Hightech signs here locally but how is one to learn to be a expert without asking questions and getting help from the experts?

I think he's free to answer posts, or not, as he see's fit and shouldn't begrudge him either way. I just wish i could do a "Vulcan mind meld" with him and get some of that knowledge that way!
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Hey Jack.....the mind pictures your "Vulcan mind meld" between you and Joe brought forth, was priceless.

I saw you sitting there with a huge grin...and Joe had the most "awfull unbelieving" look...that I burst out laughing.. thanks for the post.

I strongly disagree with Joe. "Hobby tinkering" is what created the V Inlay process.

Paul Z

Hey, this is getting out of hand...I like Wayne Loches answer, I'm not here to defend Joe's words, but I think some of your interpretations are
    not what Joe intended.
    Joe is old, like me, short tempered,cranky and gets tired of answering the same questions over and over, but his knowledge and teachings are needed and freely given to those in need.
    A lot of you may disagree with his choice of terminology but its his way of expression so please don't chase off the teacher.

AMEN some of us tell it like it is and most don't like how it is said

I love and respect Joe for all the help he has given me. I have not met him other than on this forum. I have never considered myself as a hobbyist, but, many may say so. When I first bought my brand new prs standard buddy 48 with spindle from shopbot corporate a couple years ago, I was attempting to make some paddles for a canoe I made the old fashioned way. I hope I am not violating any rules by posting this project as Joe gave to me/us provided by posting a few years back on this forum in response to a thread. I sure he remembers. Very fitting.

I understand the frustration here... And, as an old guy, I find the search function difficult to use. And some times questions get asked too often.

Just the nature of the beast.... None of us is as smart as All of us... thanks for all the help

Jeff

Shit creek 2.zip

I don't see it as an Ego but when you know that you're good (JOE) you should be able to say so I have not read or seen where Joe is putting anyone into classes of good or bad we each have our own little corner that we want to be and if it works for you that's neat but just because he doesn't want to help part timers is his choice Personally mine doesn't get turned on unless it's to make money and I think that's what Joe is saying Keep up the good work I read every word you write and think you are on the right track we need to keep the art of signs alive and not everybody can do that

Default Thread closed

This thread is, as one poster said, getting out of hand.