Thread: stolen stool

Default stolen stool

Being inspired by: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rocks?ref=live
    I decided to make it customizable:

If you use a real browser (tested in latest Firefox & Chrome) you can experiment yourself at http://www.iscriptdesign.com and select projects->iPath -> stool
    customize by adjusting the sliders and when at your liking press dxf export (There is still an issue with the location of the '+' in side the seat) and start routing. Have fun!

Disclaimer me (the author) nor the owner of this forum can be hold responsible for errors, omisions or any disfunctioning of the provided template and software. Double check your dimensions start out with low cost materials before proceeding with more costly materials.
    Last edited by dr_jerry; 06-04-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: disclaimer added

Jeroen,
    Very cool. I went to your site and fiddled with it a bit. Because it is in mm i didn't know what i was doing however i made one and downloaded. I'll load it up in my dxf viewer and see how it goes. Always good to have tools like this at our disposal. What is the possibility of making it in Imperial measurements?
    Good Job!
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the suggestion! that's what happens if you showcase it in the states :-)
    I tried adding a scale factor in the template but that makes the sliders in the template more or less useless as the slider boundaries and values remain unchanged. 200 mm is not 200 inches. I'm thinking hard about a more mature solution, and let you know!

The stool template has now a possibility to toggle its unit of measurements either in mm, cm or inches. Apart from the display value of the sliders nothing changed. So be aware that if you try to edit the file all the parameters are still in mm's. This holds also true when you change a slider in a text or (digit) field.