Thread: 3.8.6 toolbar gone

Default 3.8.6 toolbar gone

I have the menu bar, but lost the toolbar and can't figure why. Is it still available in new version? I liked the toolbar for the custom cuts like c2, c3 and c5.

Did you accidentally hit the little icon beside the cut move that hide it and shows it

I just installed this morning and it was not there. I don't see any thing by the move cut. there is the JH, C3, C2, and SK icons on the position window. I do see the question mark in ShopBotEasy. I was trying to use FULL Adding warm-up routine C5 icon to either would be fine for me. Buddy seems to work fine. I do have one other custom routine I wrote with simple moves to extend my table out so as I can tack material down.

Thanks

Ryan,

The ability to make your own toolbar buttons has been removed in the new 3.8 version(s).

You can still use the 'Cuts' menu item or try out the new 'Buttons' program under the 'Tools' menu. It's kind of clunky, but you can make numerous buttons that will then be displayed in a separate window. You can make this program launch when opening SB3 by editing the virtual tools .ini file.
    Scott

MMMM.... I have been using cuts menu and/or typing in commands. I do not see a buttons under tools or anywhere for that matter. under tools menu, I have partsworks, partsworks 3d, extruder, probe, drill press, copy machine, Forney fluter, indexer, tabletop surface, spindlr rpm, shopbot setup, header writer, chip load calculator, and file tool box.

It should be directly under the Spindle RPM. It's called Buttons (programmed actions).
    Attached Images Attached Images

WoW, that is much different than what I see. Maybe I should try to re-download. You don't show the partsworks items or probe under design tools and I don't show buttons under optional controls. I did just get done running a v-carve project turned out fine.

I just re-updated and same on this end. I do not get same menu items as others. Help/About says V3.8.6 and interface has changed. It did run aspire created files with no problem's.

Ryan,

Check to see if the folder for 'Buttons' is in the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ShopBot\Virtual Tools' folder. I did have SB3 looking at the wrong virtual tools folder once that was from an old install. You may find one here also depending on what version of windows you're running....'C:\Users\some user name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\ShopBot'

You could try deleting any virtual tools folder that you find and then reinstall the latest version.
    Scott

I have it now and all seems OK. thanks to all. I had to totally uninstall. Re-install from original disks to old version. And then update to new version. Is there any documentation on how to use the Buttons tool. I have looked to no luck.

thanks