Thread: Southern Mansion Dollhouse

Default Southern Mansion Dollhouse

This is a project my wife and I have been working on for the past couple of months. This is from the MakeCNC file by the same name. The size is about 55" wide by 37" tall by 24" deep. The piece across the back was the largest by the above dimensions. All this was cut on a BT 32 with a 24 by 32 inch table. Quite an exercise in using the "Tiling" feature in Aspire! I did the cutting and my wife did all the decorating and painting. She also made all the interior floor coverings and wall papers and curtains, etc. The kitchen appliances you see were made by her from wood scraps we had in the shop. Now, will try to include pictures and see how that goes....joe
    Attached Images Attached Images

They are a lot fun and as you said a lot of work. Wish I could make money doing them because I do enjoy doing them. You did a great job. Looks like its for 6 inch dolls, very nice. Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy

Nice job, Joe - you and your wife must be very proud, and should be. Incredible patience!

Jeff

Thanks, Russ and Jeff.. this is supposedly for our granddaughter, but am not sure she is going to get it from Grandma...I think I am going to have to start a new one soon...joe

Default what an amzing job on the Doll House

HI Joe
    thank you for the Photographs and
    all I can say is what an amazing job ! on the Southern mansion. Julie and I are so proud to see our design bought to life in Such great detail and with so much craftsmanship

please go to our website and choose any one of our Doll house files email me what you choose paul@makecnc.com and I will send it out compliments of Julie and myself
    www.makecnc.com
    the best Little CNC Project and pattern shop on the net

Thanks, Paul. That is very nice of you....joe

I tried to edit my reply, but my time expired...I wanted to say that the files from MakeCnc are absolutely amazing. That many slots and tabs in that many parts from that many sheets of plywood and most of it had to be "Tiled" to fit my machine and I didn't have a single miss-cue. Every single slot and lock fit perfectly. That is really nice on a project this big when you are using no glue, screws or nails and the end result is rock solid. I highly recommend these files...joe

Joe,
    Maybe "Grandma" didn't have a nice dollhouse like this when she was a little girl! The cut files are nice but obviously the afterwork of all the detail painting is what makes this a "heirloom" piece that hopefully this little girl will pass down to her grandchild.

No one does that much work and detail without putting a lot of love into the project, so she will be one lucky child.
    Great job...both of you
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Well you have well and truly fired me up Joe! Magnificent work!
    Buddy BT48 with 6' power stick
    2.2 HSD Spindle
    Aspire 9.5
    6" ShopBot Indexer

Thanks, Bob and Jack. Jack, what you said is very true. You're last line hit the nail on the head! ...joe