First I do not work for the company that makes the drag knife, i do not even own one. I do plan on buying one shortly because I plan on creating designs to be used with the cnc and drag knife.

But here is a suggestion for those that do have a drag knife.

Take a picture of your child or grandchild enlarge it big enough to print out on your home printer, with a drawing program trace the outline of the picture very carefully. Cut the out line out on 1/4 baltic birch or acrylic. Print the picture then cut the same out line out with the drag knife. (on the picture make sure to align the picture so that the drag knife will cut the section out that you want to use. Now glue the picture to the wood you cut out and make a stand, I do this with the laser, and it was not my idea but it will work with the drag knife. Great for those sports pictures of the children and grand children... Maybe you can team up with a local photo shop and make them.. I have with the laser. And plan on doing this with the cnc.
With a local photography shop i can do life size one... They get their photo paper in big rolls. This can also be used for sign making, people that have the large format printers.. You can print the scene out on your printer, cut the shape out with your cnc then cut the scene's shape out with the drag knife.
BY THE WAY I DO PLAN ON DEVELOPING PATTERNS SO THAT YOU CAN USE BOTH.. HAVE ASKED THE DRAG KNIFE COMPANY TO PROTO TYPE SOME FOR ME TILL I BUY A DRAG KNIFE.
SOME GREAT DESIGNS AND IDEAS CAME OUT WHILE ON VACATION MY WIFE SAYS I CAN SEE THINGS IN A CLOUD AND END UP WITH A DESIGN. LOL

Think on how many things you can do with the drag knife and your cnc.