Thread: Anatomy of a Reception Desk

Threaded View

Default Anatomy of a Reception Desk

In addition to basic cabinet parts we also use the bot regularly for Reception desks, Admin and Nurse desks, Bar walls, etc. I have attched a few shots of a current project in which we are building a fairly large (but not huge) Reception desk that will end up with Maple veneer and solid surface (Corian) work surfaces and transaction tops.
    We cut all desk wall frames on the bot as they always have at least a toekick notch and penetration slots for electrical and data wiring and, of course, the bot is a lot more efficient at this then doing them by hand. On curved desks we also will cut the plates and countertops and sub-tops.
    On a larger curved desk we will also to a floor template with all the principle construction lines for accurate layout and assembly so later parts, like the countertops, will fit with minimal adjustment.
    In the attached shots you see the template laid out, a close up of some lines on it, frames being cut, and the frame assembly.
    We start with a dwg of our shop drawing and bring the lines into Artcam where some things may be added and others deleted so we get all the info we need on the template for the builder to layout the entire project.
    As we get further into the project I'll take some more pics. Basically, at this point, I spent about 4-6hours on the computer tweaking and generating cut files, a couple hours cutting, and one day getting this much assembly done. In the old days when I would do them by hand this would be close to a weeks work.
    Attached Images Attached Images