Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My friend is sick...

Default My friend is sick...

Many of you know Henry, my dog and companion. He is only a little more than 4 years old but about 2 weeks ago he suddenly fell ill. He spent several days in the animal hospital, had a blood transfusion, IV's, meds and round the clock care. We brought him home this past Saturday and continued around the clock care.

He was improving but this morning about 4AM he took a sudden turn for the worse. It seems my friend is slipping away and may not have the strength to recover. I've already promised him if he does go downhill again, I won't make him come back this time.

/RB

I really hope he gets well. Animals are stronger than you think a lot of times. They have a strong will for life.
    PRT Alpha with 7.2 upgrade, indexer, and PC router

Sorry to hear this Robert. I hope he recovers soon and back to his ole self. My friend and work/shop companion (Abby) is very close to me and I can't imagine if she got sick. Keep us posted on his recovery. They are a extension of our family and become like another child or sibling. At least ours is. It is Abby's birthday today. She is now 7 or 49 in doggie years.

Cheers,

What are you feeding him? A couple years ago thousands of dogs were killed by bad dog food and treats. Sudden kidney failure was the symptom.

I am sad to report that at 11AM this morning... Henry has passed away.

I am so sorry to hear thatHenry has passed. I am sure he will be greatly missed. I read a poem once about the rainbow bridge for our pets after they have passed. Iwill try to find it but it tells how our pets are at the rainbow bridge waiting for us when we pass on too.
    Take care Robert and your family.

Sorry for your loss Rob. I have a shop dog also and I feel your pain. They call them mans best friend for a very good reason.

Sorry for your loss. I'm pretty attached to my shop dog too.
    Ken Zey
    Lookout Mercantile / Digital Millwork
    Rogers, AR
    www.CedarSlabSigns.com
    www.lookoutmercantile.com
    www.digitalmillwork.com

6x12 PRS alpha

Gee I am sorry to hear that, Robert. My best buddy of nearly 14 years passed away 2 summers ago. It was heart wrenchng. Especially difficult because he was so close to me, and I to him... I get misty eyed thinking about it.

As you work through your grief, remember this: He had you as his friend. You cared for him. You saw to his needs and even his health. He responded to your love and brought out the best kinds of feelings in you. It is a wonderful relationship....
    Now: I was an imperfect recipient of my dog's love- but I was the best at it that I could be. And I would bet that your pup loved you with all his heart and was comforted by the fact that you were there with him to the end. Not only did he appreciate your love and care- he left some of that in your heart, as well. Remember him well and fondly.

I wish I was closer. I would help you find a pretty, quiet, shady spot for him to rest.

If you have time, maybe you can make him a nice wooden box for his final resting spot- on your bot. Or maybe a marker might be more appropriate. And surely a frame (or plaque) with his picture for your wall...