Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My friend is sick...

Sorry you had to go through that, Robert.

I read this a week or two ago, and thought it was fitting:

Six-year-old Shane observed his beloved dog being euthanized after a long battle with cancer. Shane’s parents felt as though he might learn something from the experience. Shane seemed very calm, petting the old dog for the last time, the adults wondered if he understood what was going on.

Within a few minutes, the dog slipped away peacefully. The little boy seemed to accept his dog’s fate without any difficulty or confusion. Shane joined his parents and their vet in a small quiet room where they discussed the sad fact that humans tend to outlive their pets. Shane, who had been listening attentively and quietly, piped up, “I know why.”

Startled, they all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned everyone. They’ve never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, “People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life– like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?” The six-year-old continued, “Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay as long.”
    -B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Default I got this the other day...seems appropriate right now

I've had them all my life, and you never get use to losing one...got this sent to me the other day.... www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ7AfSO2fKs
    Dick
    Aspire 10.5

Harry,
    The hardest thing you have to do as a "parent" of a pet is to let them go. It isn't the same as a child, but for some it's awful close. It's ok to shed some tears and grieve over your loss, most of us who've had pets have done the same.
    It's a funny thing, the bond we establish with our pets. The unconditional love they give us, even over the complex relationships we have with humans isn't as simple as the love from a good dog

It's funny how we think it is a natural thing, to talk in funny voices, as if he is speaking to us, this is what he would say, and have conversations with our pets. And WE KNOW they understand everything we say!

The crazy thing is that if someone walked into your shop and we heard you talking like that but you were alone, we would think you are crazy, but if you have a dog there, it is accepted as normal...because we all do it
    He had a good life and a loving family, is the best consolation...
    R.I.P. Henry....
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Sorry for your loss Robert I have a shop dog also there is a special place for dogs
    Brady I read that one also kinda brings a tear to your eye Kids know more than we do sometimes

Robert the Bot can help. Just put all the love you have into doing something for Henry. We made a bush seat for our last Border Collie. Rather sadly we made six grave markers in the one month for close friends torn with grief. Chin up old son.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Buddy BT48 with 6' power stick
    2.2 HSD Spindle
    Aspire 9.5
    6" ShopBot Indexer

Sorry to hear about your loss. I know what it is to go through that (lost my female Shepherd in 2009). She was with me every day at work for nearly 11 years. One of the only times in my life I saw my father cry was the day we had to have Teak out to sleep (she had cancer and multiple organs were failing).

I found talking about her to my family and friends made thigns easier - as well as having pictures of her around (I still have a few in my bedroom and a painting my mom did of her in the hall).

My current dog buddy, Gibson (who is 7, and also a rescue from the local pound) just had a very intense operation on her leg. We've been working hard to get her back in shape. I adopted Gibson less than a week after I lost Teak. It was also good for me to both find a good dog a good home - and make a new best friend.

Time does heal all wounds - even losing a best pal. But it is hard to deal with, for sure.

AJC

Sorry you lost your dog. It is very hard to lose a close friend so suddenly.

I'm awfully sorry for your loss, Robert.
    Our new pup got terribly sick a few weeks ago and I was worried sick. We got him to the vet quickly and he came through it in time, but my nerves were shot over the whole thing.

It's wonderful how much love we get from our little buddies.
    I'm sure you count yourself blessed to have had Henry in your life, and I'm absolutely certain you gave him the best life anyone could give. That's as good as it gets, my friend.

Very sorry to hear about Henry, Robert. Of all the things that happen and we say, "it's only a car" or "it's only this or that, it can be replaced" - some things can never be replaced. We are left with unforgettable memories but also an unfillable hole. We move on and it gets easier, or at least less constant.

Take some time off, reflect, remember - be careful in the shop while you are not thinking 100% about your work.
    David Buchsbaum
    Beacon Custom Woodwork, Inc.
    dba Atlanta Closet & Storage Solutions
    404-309-9146
    david@atlantacloset.com

atlantacloset.com
    beaconcustomwoodwork.com

Default Rainbow Bridge

Here is the poem Rainbow Bridge.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...