Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did the Unthinkable

Yay!!! Something I've not screwed up yet!!!
    Sorry guys, I'm just excited. I have a set screw on the side of my router strap that is real handy, so that's what I've always used. Had I thought to clip on the bit, I'm sure I'd be on the list.

Default Desktop with spindle

The desktop with spindle has not shipped yet, but I can see myself doing that. On the desktop is there a work around to eliminate using the clip altogether? Probably a stupid question, but just asking as search seemed to give me nothing relevant. This forum made the difference in purchasing, thanks

I don't use the clip but I always touch the plate to the bit and see if my light lights up. I have the HSD 2.2 spindle on this one but the PC router on the old one and have been doing this for 6 years

OK David, since no one has asked, and we all have had this thought.....
    How did you accidentally turn the router on since there is a built in "failsafe" in the software that pops up a screen that basically says "Did you remove the alligator clip?" and you have to click that before you proceed?

Just thought i'd ask, since we were all thinking it...
    (just giving you a little jazz)
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

ok, I am not ashamed, I am a dyslexic, OCD, Insomniatic, Athiest. I lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Bust seriously, I was talking to my buddy, we were engaged in a deep rooted philosophical discussion of something or another at the time. Just like that, the failsafe was IGNORED, and the go button was pressed. Presto Jacked up C2 operations.'

I admit that it was just a lack of concentration and focus on saftey that led to this situation. I need to do better, or risk greater damage to the bot, myself or dog forbid, someone else.

David

However, I am still at a loss as to the exact location of the connection of the clip in reference to the picture that was posted earlier. I have 4 holes, red, black and green wires in 3 of those holes. A black wire with an alligator clamp on one end and no where to put it?!??

David: Click on the picture-you just may see TWO black wires going into the connector next to the ground! I would imagine people were hoping you would look closely at the previous replies and see the answer given.

ADD anyone?

David, It's probably safe to assume the clips are an out-sourced, generic component used by many companies for many applications and are used by SB simply because they serve the need for a snap-together connector but don't require that all the holes be filled to work correctly. I'd not worry about the unused hole in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by bleeth View Post
    David: Click on the picture-you just may see TWO black wires going into the connector next to the ground!
    Mine already has 2 wires coming out of the ground plug. I will take a closer look at it Friday when I get home.

David

Default wire

MR BOULTON SAID THIS

Far left is green, and the second round slot from the left is the black wire along with the black wire from the Grounding clip.
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS IS A LABORER.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS AND HEAD IS A CRAFTSMAN.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS, HIS HEAD AND HIS HEART IS AN ARTIST.
    ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI