Thread: Looking for Help Fixing Fein Vac Hose

Default Looking for Help Fixing Fein Vac Hose

The hose has pulled out of the connector on my Fein vacuum (at the end closest to the orange canister). With other brands, the hose simply screws back into the connector, but the fine folks at Fein seem to have glued it in with some sort of opaque/white adhesive.

Any suggestions for how I might get it bonded back together?

Default Household Goop

John, not positive it would work as I don't have a Fein, but Household Goop (hardware stores-Riteaid) Has repaired many things in my shop and I was looking for a way to fix pennies and copper wire on to wood and plastics last year and even tried to fix them together and used wax paper underneath, It stuck to the wax paper and the wax paper is still stuck one year later. Excess can be smoothed out with a wet finger and its tough enough to use in 24 hours(overnight usually) it dries very hard in 24-36 hours and isn't very flexible unless very thin.

John,
    Try using some of that silver foil tape HVAC guys use to seal ducts together.
    http://www.amazon.com/Duck-675590-2-.../dp/B0025KUSUU

it's made to seal air leaks
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Tin tape is for positive air pressure and very mild negative pressure, Jack. It's literally tin tape and doesn't form like duct tape. Duct tape would actually work a lot better, or a roll of black tape.
    That Goop idea was a good one. That stuff is crazy. It'll fix most anything but looks awful. If John used it to hold in the hose then wrapped everything down with black tape and let it set for a few days, I bet it'd never come apart and it wouldn't look so bad.

I should have said you can mold it with a wet fingertip as I used it on a leaking flange on one of my Kohler jets .5 thick with a radius 3 yrs. ago and no leaks, the clear goop does yellow on contact with chlorinated water though. If you let it skin harden five minutes, then a wet finger and care it looks just like silicone on a tub caulking job. Wicked fumes though.