Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help recreating angle?

Default Help recreating angle?

ok, i need some elementary math help here. I have one of those large water tanks (see pic) that i'm taking plastic out and using the frame for a chicken coop.
    I'm trying to make a top for it and here is my problem, and here is the measurements.
    The metal frame is 47.5"wX39.75d" on the outside edge. Tubing is 1" thick so do a inset of 1" for inner deminsion.

I traced the angle on a board, vectorized the picture for the angle. But in trying to resize it to fit i have a problem.

The square boxes represent a frame made of 2x4's that is 50"x41 (outside measurements, and inset 3.5" for inside measurement)

When i set the metal frame on the 2x4 frame it fits within the 2x4's and what i want to do is carve a 1" wide "rabbit" for the wooden frame to rest on top of the metal frame for a roof.
    But my angles are incorrect. How would be the best way to be able to figure that angle to fit within the square?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Default your problem

try this and see if this fits just guessed at radius of corners
    Attached Files Attached Files
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS IS A LABORER.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS AND HEAD IS A CRAFTSMAN.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS, HIS HEAD AND HIS HEART IS AN ARTIST.
    ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Jack, Not positive if I understand the problem, so forgive any assumptions. looks like two pieces of ply? Butt ply,glue 2x's in correct position, use waterproof construction adhesive ( I have good luck with locktite PL(proline)Premium. It has a 24 hr cure time though. flip and machine unibody? Like I said may be misunderstanding. Scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Jack, If Eugenes .dxf (my laptop is reading it as a doc file) doesnt help. Please post your .dxf as a .crv as when I traced your pic got a lot of broken vectors. I just installed the new computer to the new desktop yesterday and they are refusing to shake hands, so when I take a break from ripping my remaining hair out, I'll work on it but somebody else will probably help you first. Scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Default problem uploading

Jack send me a E-mail to eking1953@yahoo.com not sure why that uploaded as a document. tried sending as a jpeg but it does not up load at all
    the file will open in corel... i tried that.
    you just have to keep making screen smaller to see it.
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Eugene i got your file as a dxf and it opened fine. And Scott...guys my convoluted longwinded explanation that confused you could have been averted with a few pictures but it was 4AM when i posted,

So here are some pics that ought to make it a little clearer. I want to take the square 2x4 frame and carve a rabbit the same radius as the tubular frame that it will be sitting on.

My problem i'm trying to figure out the angle so i can just make a dxf and take it to the bot and cut it in the underside of the 2x4 frame...does it make sense now?
    Words of Wisdom:
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Default Chicken

Jack do you have corel draw.. If so... Take and make a box adjust the corners to be round print it and check the print with the actually frame.. By the way how big are your chicken most chickens can get through those holes..
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Default The chichen cop

Jack in vietnam they kept us in cages that had smaller spaced bars than that... Think you chickens may escape / fly the cop///// leave you high and dry...
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Eugene,
    no corel draw but i tipped the lid on its side and took pic. I think if i make a box, enlarge the picture of the cage to fit the box, trace the outline i should be getting closer.
    Yes i know the holes are large, i am lining the inside and bottom with chickenwire so the tubes are reinforcement and something to tie the chickenwire to. Because if they big enough holes for them to get out, thats big enough for something t o get IN!

When you were in Nam, did you "go all Rambo on their ass"?

Thanks for your service...
    Words of Wisdom:
    -----------
    -----------

Quote Originally Posted by myxpykalix View Post
    eugene,
    no corel draw but i tipped the lid on its side and took pic. I think if i make a box, enlarge the picture of the cage to fit the box, trace the outline i should be getting closer.
    Yes i know the holes are large, i am lining the inside and bottom with chickenwire so the tubes are reinforcement and something to tie the chickenwire to. Because if they big enough holes for them to get out, thats big enough for something t o get in!

When you were in nam, did you "go all rambo on their ass"?

Thanks for your service...
    no lost weight... Big time...ONE REASON I HAVE A COMFORT DOG.. AND MY SHOULDER FALLS OUT OF PLACE...
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI