Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Plexi 3D

I still have some surplus plexi but getting down to odd sizes, don't have nay more complete 12x12's" but close and enough to fill up a priority box.
    Have never tried lithos thats on my todo list, I have had photo vcarve for over a year and have barely messed with it, the long cut times I am hearing about is putting me off I think.

Doug,
    I think this is why i backed out of the paypal transaction previously. It is telling me that expoxy1@comcast.net is not registered with them and i sent you an email to that address and it bounced.
    This was the address you sent me in the PM. Send me correct info so i can get this to you.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

epoxy1 rather than expoxy

what are the sizes you have left? and thicknesses?
    Words of Wisdom:
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

I updated the plexi sales thread, see post #12

hi doug,
    consider me I looked at #12 in this thread and that wasn't it and looked for a thread in the for sale section and came up because i didn't find anything.....
    And as soon as you post a link i'm going to go ...DOH!
    thanks
    Words of Wisdom:
    -----------
    -----------

A couple more recently done, gun is 1" plexi bike .5"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default LED Edge Lit Signage

Hi Doug,

Beautiful Work!!!!! Many thanks for sharing your creations.

I make some of these but not in the real 3D like your examples.

I drill a couple of holes near the bottom and utilize a couple pieces of 1/2" 6061T6 Aluminum rods with one end drilled and tapped to accept a 10/32 round head button screw to support it like a picture frame. I bead blast the aluminum rods to give them a nice finish. I have a friend in California that makes the LED Strips that do a good job in hiding the LED's. I have also done some of them with mirrored Plexiglas. These work better when you add a clock as it hides the clock mechanism and only the numbers and associated artwork show. With my mounting system you can either sit them on the table like a standard picture or flip the mounting system upside down and hang them from chains from the ceiling or wall mount them. You can even apply paint to the reverse side of the mirrored plexiglas to add color when the sign is not lit. It still lights up but not as effective.

Just thought I would share. I have had a lot of fun experimenting with LED's. It is amazing how far those LED's will transmit light. I recently made one (not 3D) that was 24 inches tall and 36 inches wide and the lighting worked quite well.

John

Thanks, I do alot of 2D etching, mirrored and clear.
    Your method looks pretty slick, also nice concept of a small clock as an accent to a larger sign. Lately I've been doing round clocks instead of square in a base, there is really no limit except the imagination.
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (90.0 KB, 357 views)