Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R&B Tool Supply, Inc. Now "Live" Online

Default R&B Tool Supply, Inc. Now "Live" Online

Greetings woodworkers: Just to let those of you whom may be interested know that; R&B Tool supply, Inc. now has it's website located at www.rbtoolsupply.com operating "live". In order to utilize the site it is first necessary to register. Within 24 hours your account will be activated and switched on thus revealing prices and shipping options. One unique feature is that if you want to take the time to setup a house account at our psysical location on Pawnee rd. when you use the website to order you may during check out select pay by account, then there will be no need to reveal credit card information on the internet. Your order will be automatically billed to your house account and processed according to how that account has been set up. Please note: our site is a secured site: During the check out process the address bar will change to: HTTPS/ also, look for the lock pictured in the address bar. If you choose to buy on line. It is safe to do so. Thanks..Keith B.

So why do you have to log in to see the prices? Are they that bad? Whats the deal?
    "Once a person moves away from the computer and CNC some of the most important work begins." ~Joe Crumley

Some constructive criticism....I think you are doing yourself a disservice and going to lose potential customers by requiring someone to go thru all the hassle of setting an account up only to see that maybe your prices are no better (or possibly worse) then the place where i can just click and compare prices.

I understand that you want to get people on your mailing lists and generate a following but i think your quality or price or both will sell you more tools then this requirement of a long signup.

Bestbuy does the same thing sometimes with some sales, you have to go thru putting it in your cart and go to almost the very last click before a price is revealed only to see that it isn't any different then the sale price 2 weeks prior, it's just a sales gimmick as I respectfully think this is.

Most of the people here are older people who, like me, would "prefer you skip the sales BS and just tell me the price" (that's my motto when i go to buy something) if i need to know something i'll ask...

Once i decide to buy i can go thru the signup process...So I wish you good luck and hopefully you'll take my criticism as constructive
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by myxpykalix View Post
    Some constructive criticism....I think you are doing yourself a disservice and going to lose potential customers by requiring someone to go thru all the hassle of setting an account up only to see that maybe your prices are no better (or possibly worse) then the place where i can just click and compare prices.
    Agreed.
    I've run into this kind of thing many times while shopping. If I have to register to simply see a price, I buy from their competitor. It's customer experience 101, every impediment between the customer landing on your site and the checkout will cost you money.

As some one who buys online on a near daily basis, and as someone who does 99% of their sales online, post the prices. There are much less irritating ways to gather data.

I went to your site and immediately left... I don't need any more spam that always results from signing up just to see pricing!

SG

Hate to jump on the bandwagon but I never register unless I find the right product at the right price with good support. Unfortunately I have to agree with others that I would never register just to see prices. This is a tactic that many phishing sites use. I would strongly reconsider your policy.

I'm with Steve went there and left just want to see prices and if I buy then it seems a no brainer you should then have to sign in to check out just my 2 cents also

I have started using their 1/4" compression bits and have been very pleased.

But I agree with others that if I have to register to do anything on the site, I will not be visiting the site. I will call and order the bits over the phone. register to purchase, but not register just to see a price list. There are very few websites that have the requirement to register to see prices and I don't use those companies as suppliers.

Keith, you might want to reconsider the registration requirement for your site. Just my $.02 worth. All I ask is that you guys PLEASE don't institute one of those abusive phone systems that require a customer to press a bunch of buttons to reach someone, especially the button for English versus another language. That makes me hang up EVERY time. I love talking with someone there when I have called to place an order.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

After reading all the comments I am not even going to look at the web site, just lost one more potential customer.
    Ron Moorehead
    R&S Design
    ShopBot PRS Aphla 48 by 96
    Laserpro Explorer 30 watt
    Universal Laser 50 watt
    3D printer

Keith, on a positive. While we are a buncha cranky old bastards we love a good product and a good price we really would love it if thats what you have.
    "Once a person moves away from the computer and CNC some of the most important work begins." ~Joe Crumley