Thread: Hippies and Peace Sign on it way back

Talking Hippies and Peace Sign on it way back

This week had a shop come in wanting me to make Peace Sign Picture Frames. Stopped in at one of my biggest customers. Guess what she is fixing up. A Hippie scene.. They say if you live long enough the trends will come back around. lol... Well I guess that is true for the 70's.lol

Russ you and I will fill right at home with our Mad Dog 20-20 and our Plum Hollow lol... for those of you too young to remember those were cheap wines with screw off caps. lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS IS A LABORER.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS AND HEAD IS A CRAFTSMAN.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS, HIS HEAD AND HIS HEART IS AN ARTIST.
    ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Ford Econoline??!! That's supposed to be a VW Bus door!
    Ron Sloan

The wine I drink comes in a box!

Annie Greensprings, Ripple, Thunderbird, Night Train, ok so I had a bad upbringing! Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy

Quote Originally Posted by genek View Post
    This week had a shop come in wanting me to make Peace Sign Picture Frames. Stopped in at one of my biggest customers. Guess what she is fixing up. A Hippie scene.. They say if you live long enough the trends will come back around. lol... Well I guess that is true for the 70's.lol
    My nieces have been crazy over peace signs for about 2 or 3 years now. Guess couple years from now the leg warmer craze will be back!

Quote Originally Posted by genek View Post
    Russ you and I will fill right at home with our Mad Dog 20-20 and our Plum Hollow lol... for those of you too young to remember those were cheap wines with screw off caps. lol
    As a child of the 80's, Boonesfarm was the cheap wine of choice for us

Bartles and James? I NEVER drank, smoked or did drugs but i seem to recall ripple, bartles and james, and maui-wowie?(pot) but then again i also remember 29 cent/gal gasoline.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

.29 cent gas boy that was high. We had gas wars and it would get down to .17 cents. My first fuel oil fill up was .15 cents

Russ Was not the up-bring I figured that you were in the same boat I was in we Drank what we could Afford lol. The Mad Dog 20/20 was what stopped me from getting drunk any more. lol I ended up with a Tattoo. Was sent home for 30 day wait on next duty station. (ship) would not be in port for that long. My Dad was very Religious, and did not approve of drinking, smoking etc. It was the middle of July 100 degree's. I wore long sleeve dress uniform the whole time I was in to hide the tattoo. Then Dad was taking me Back to the airport to catch my flight to meet the ship. On our way to the airport Dad said why don't you roll up your sleeves and show me how big a fool you made of your self. I asked him how he knew.. His response was: when you did not take the long sleeve shirts off I knew you were Hiding a tattoo. That broke me from drinking, I figured if I was that afraid to let My dad know I had gotten a tattoo I need to quit.

Jack I must be older than you... I remember 15 cent gas and if the station's was having a gas war I could get it for 10 cents.
    www.tgdesigns.net
    eking1953@yahoo.com

HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS IS A LABORER.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS AND HEAD IS A CRAFTSMAN.
    HE WHO WORKS WITH HIS HANDS, HIS HEAD AND HIS HEART IS AN ARTIST.
    ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI

I had a Ford Econoline van for a while back then! Also painted with all kinds of stuff that went great with my magic markered desert boots.
    While remembering fondly how cheap things were don't forget that 100 bucks a week was good pay!!