Thread: New Book Out "CNCKing.com Volume 4: Rise of the CNC"

Lightbulb New Book Out "CNCKing.com Volume 4: Rise of the CNC"

Hi guys, my new CNC design book is now officially released, you can read the details about it here:

http://cncking.com/shop-essentials/b...anthology.html

Lots of ShopBot stuff in there - my goal in this book was to introduce people to what's possible using a table router while introducing them to ShopBot Tools in the same go. This book has taken me two years to write, photograph, render and test and I'm happy that it's finally done!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I've learned a lot since first getting my ShopBot Desktop and it's great to be able to pass that knowledge forward.

Jon
    --------------
    Founder of CNCKing.com (Project files for your ShopBot Table Router) and CNCROi.com (Custom CNC Shop)

Congratulations and good luck with this. I'm sure you know to market this in several other cnc forums like CNCZone, ect.? Good for you buddy!
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Yeah... been busy spamming them all during the weekend hahahhaa... focus is on getting this book in schools. Higher volume though lower margins... it's a great intro to the world of CNC with lots of projects and general info.

Jon
    --------------
    Founder of CNCKing.com (Project files for your ShopBot Table Router) and CNCROi.com (Custom CNC Shop)

what about checking with schools and those that have a woodshop maybe you can send a copy to the teacher to promote CNC, and if they don't have a cnc maybe you can talk Shopbot into buying some advertising space in your book and then offer to offset the ad fees with sales commissions when teachers call for more info on how to set up cnc in their schools.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Although ShopBot did advertise in my book it's an afterthought as there is so much ShopBot related photography, tips etc... in there already. I'll see what I can work-out with ShopBot.

Jon
    --------------