Thread: 3 sweep modeling software

Default 3 sweep modeling software

Someone is working on a new software package that lets you model from a photograph. This is an impressive concept, I will buy it when it comes out.

http://www.wired.com/design/2013/09/...ld-photograph/

http://3dprintsoftheworld.com/blog/3...ng-photographs

It is sort of like sketch up but grabs the photo image and maps it to a 3D surface.

ernie

Cabinets Plus of Augusta, Hephzibah Ga 30815

if aspire worked like this with the benefits that is already in aspire that would be great. Maybe aspire 4.5 ?

I think this was posted before but i could never find anything about when it might be available and figured it might be a long time off. Did you see anything that gave you any indication of it's time line for availability?
    Looks cool
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

No date that I could find, but it is Scheduled to be demonstrated at Siggraph Asia 2013 in November.

I hope it will be released as a beta, it would be fun to experiment with. People are always asking me to do 3D work that I have to turn down. I am relatively slow with Rhino and Aspire modeling as I make every mistake on the learning curve.

The REALLY cool thing would be for a customer to bring you a picture of some part or design and say "can you make this for me?" and you say...."ok give me a couple minutes"!
    I didn't reread the article from last time so i don't remember what they say the formats the objects can be saved in?
    I see the object being saved with surface attributes and other things (that we don't need), i'd like to see it saved as like a stl or obj in it's raw form and i wonder if any of those surface attributes (like light reflection on the candlestick) would cause any issues for our applications.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson